Coopers Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sokodan

Reaction score
Hi All ( Yeah me again :( )

Put down a Coopers IPA on Sunday using the recipe from Coopers site ,

The tin
1 KG light dry malt
500g dex
Yeast under lid

OG of 1040 , gravity today of 1010 my querie is should i let it go for a few days checking gravity as i go and does this seem a little quick ?? Ferment temp around 22 deg , will the SG drop much lower , when should i look at bottling with these readings?? Should of added was bubbling nicely since Sunday but bubbling stopped today .

Sorry for the amount of questions lately but seems like the "bug" has bitten .

Thanks

Danny

just wait for 2 days and check the SG again, if it is the same you're right to bottle

It looks like it might nearly be done. Leave it for a day or two, check the gravity again.

If you think it is done, always leave it another day or two (or three) and check for any changes to the SG. The extra couple of days in the primary fermenter will always be good for it.

Yeah, leave it a couple of days and then bottle it :) I have to admit that this is one of my fav. K&K jobs. My last one ended at 1008 ish according to my notes, but I had more dex and less malt, so 1010 could be ok :)

7 days is a week = fermenting warm
14 days in a fortnight = fermenting cool
3 weeks = lazy!

:D

No hydrometer, no worries!

InCider.

I just bottled mine yesterday with bh2 in it and fg was 1008.
I reckon the 1010 will be spot on.
If you've tilted it back and forth and sediment is sitting on bottom i reckon you'd be fine to bottle.

Although My starting gravity reading was 1046.
1040 seems low.

Back