Coopers Green. Really That Good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like it...but i like it more when i make a similar version myself.With 3 kegs on tap, i find it nice when the others are filled with a brown and a APA or ESB

Why do I only hear people from eastern states call it Coopers Green/Coopers Red?

I've always called it "Coopers Pale"

I guess, if I liked Coopers Red, then perhaps I would call it Coopers Green

I call it green. A mate's old man refers to the Pale as "go" and the Sparkling as "stop".

Best Coopers beer is the stout, which is excruciatingly difficult to find on tap in the lager minefield that is Sydney's pubs. I bet it was even better before they reduced the abv down, less watery. And yes, any stout is drinkable and tasty even if its 40 degrees out.

ok ok..
I Think that your all playing the devils advocate for the sake of an argument.
No Coopers pale ale will never be as good as a good homebrew.
But its the best commercial beer available.
- and anyone who would consider putting a vb to their lips really dosnt have enough of an informed opinion to make a comment regarding its quality.
and the hangover is mild compared to most.
so yes its really all that. show me a better alternative and i will commit to it.

When I started brewing, I 'acquired' a taste for CPA whilst building my collection of longnecks. Now my tastes have evolved further I'm not as big of a fan. I still quite enjoy CSA though. I'm a massive fan of the yeast though and use it often, however, I don't think it suits dark beers, so I'm surprised by the wrap Coopers Stout gets as I think the yeast and the malt in it are a complete mismatch.

Coopers green isnt the best.

This one is.

coopers_sparkling_ale_141867661.jpg

rehabs_for_quitters said:
I'll raise you a Cantillon
Mmmmm yum:), why can't we have those type of beers as swill. I'd happily pack up the kit and become a drunk

If driving I get a coopers mild. It has to be the best mid strength on the market. Better than LC Rogers in my book, which is great too.

Cooper's Celebration Ale is also a nice drop (especially out of the tap at Cooper's bar at Adelaide Airport)

jaypes said:
Cooper's Celebration Ale is also a nice drop (especially out of the tap at Cooper's bar at Adelaide Airport)
Thats on tap at my local. Bloody nice.

And the Mild is by far the best midstrength.

Ducatiboy stu said:
You should try this

lSheafStoutBottle.jpg
If I see it I'll grab some to try.

I've got 60 litres of stout fermenting at the moment though so that'll do me for a little bit, hoping to brew enough to keep my stout pipeline full for the rest of winter. Might brew more this weekend to be safe.

4155.jpg

I am with the OP, but I had this one a while back and reckon it is way better than either Coopers green or Red.

Coopers green is seasonal for me.. in colder periods it seems nicer, but not a summer beer for me.

Megaswill is too bloody expensive IMHO - I'll drink an oetinger or lowenbrau or such as I cannot justify the price of the local swill.. and yes, I am aware that Lion Nathan imports a lot of the euro stuff.. anything that is direct import I am first sure to check the used by date, as often times it can be stale.

Latest posts

Back