Coopers Euro Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l7edwards

Reaction score
Im putting down a coopers european lager in the next few days and was wondering if anyone had any hop suggestions
Putting it down with a kilo of LDME and maybe 25g saaz (AA 3.5-4%) (boiled 2 mins then steeped 20)?
Any suggestions would be great!

Im putting down a coopers european lager in the next few days and was wondering if anyone had any hop suggestions
Putting it down with a kilo of LDME and maybe 25g saaz (AA 3.5-4%) (boiled 2 mins then steeped 20)?
Any suggestions would be great!

Have you tried this brew before? If not, I'd do one without extras. It may be an acceptable drink without additions. (It may be hoppy enough). Save yourself a couple of dollars.

cheers
Dave

I did one of these but got put off by the rotten-egg smell and ditched it. As I was pouring it down the toilet I remembered that that smell is given off by real lager yeasts! D'oh!!! Don't repeat what I did!

Anyways, I'd go for a personal fav here and hit it up with 600-700g LDME and 300g dextrose as well as 15g Hallertau hops in a mug with boiling water poured over them and left for 10-15 minutes. Should come out fairly well - mine certainly tasted ok from what was left in the fermenter when I realised my mistake...

Resurrect the brew!

Cheers - boingk

I think I may have used a Fermentis W34-70 on it, but yes it does come with a lager yeast that "...works better in temperatures under 21'C, and will ferment down to 13'C." Additionally, it provides instructions to the effect that you must bottle condition the resulting beer for at least 4 weeks so as to let the yeast work over any remaining sulphorous compounds.

I'll definitely do another run with it in future using the recipe in my post above, and I'll post back with some results later in the year.

Cheers - boingk

Back