Coopers Abbey Blonde

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
It looks like a good recipe, the two yeasts are what will give it the x-factor I reckon.

I've brewed a fair few Coopers recipes and they always make a good beer.

I've not seen recipes that use more than one type of yeast. Is this a thing? Perhaps for Belgian style beers?

I ran it through the spreadsheet and at 23 lts, like they recommend, it looks light on

abe max said:
I ran it through the spreadsheet and at 23 lts, like they recommend, it looks light on
Agreed. I'm putting this down tonight with 500g of dex @ 22lts. this will be my first 2 yeast batch.

welly2 said:
I've not seen recipes that use more than one type of yeast. Is this a thing? Perhaps for Belgian style beers?
There are several available liquid yeasts that are blends.

Several Coopers kits have blended yeasts.
Australian Pale Ale
Mexican Cerveza
Australian Bitter
Heritage Lage
Sparkling Ale
Traditional Draught

abe max said:
To me, I'd drop it to 20L and add a full kilo of Light DME... 6.7% in bottles & still a bit high FG (1.021) but that could be that I can't add a second yeast on IanH's spreadsheet.

Oh well, sold out anyway.

fishingbrad said:
Agreed. I'm putting this down tonight with 500g of dex @ 22lts. this will be my first 2 yeast batch.
How did you get on? What was the OG?

Latest posts

Back