Converting A Water Chiller To Temprite?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afromaiko

Incredibly Strong Ales
Reaction score
I was just looking in the Kmart catalogue at their water cooler -

http://kmart.com.au/catalogue/20071011/ful...p;PageNumber=12

Does anyone know if these can continuously chill on demand, or do they instead have only small reservoir of chilled water at any time? It says they can dispense either chilled or room temperature water, so I assume that it doesn't chill the whole bottle.

I'm wondering what temp they can go down to, and whether one could be hacked between a keg and tap to make into a temprite kind of thingy.

I was just looking in the Kmart catalogue at their water cooler -

http://kmart.com.au/catalogue/20071011/ful...p;PageNumber=12

Does anyone know if these can continuously chill on demand, or do they instead have only small reservoir of chilled water at any time? It says they can dispense either chilled or room temperature water, so I assume that it doesn't chill the whole bottle.

I'm wondering what temp they can go down to, and whether one could be hacked between a keg and tap to make into a temprite kind of thingy.

Short answer, Yes they can.

I made one some time back before I had access to a keg fridge. - hacked out the refrigeration system and put the cooling coils into a small esky filled with water. Ran coiled beer line through water to cool the beer. the stock thermostat on the one I had only went down to about 4 deg tho (meaning beer only ever cooled to about 6-8 deg) If i had my fridgemate temp controller at the time, this might have fixed the problem.

For the price of a new water cooler tho, you can pick up a bar fridge which will be cheaper and easier (and cool your beer better)
Only downside is trying to decide what beer flavour you want a day in advance if you can only fit one keg in it. :)

Back