Conspiracy theory

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajmuzza

Reaction score
Anyone think it's weird that the andale panel extensions come in 3/8 bsp but there's no JG 3/8 bsp x 8mm fitting so you have to buy an andale coupler (or 10mm beer line). A damned conspiracy I say.

i clicked on this thread expecting aliens and malaysian airline flights...

Crusty said:
Good find.
I'll be looking to source some of those.
potentially not the same plastic as the 'normal' JG fittings we all use, so let ur own taste/chemical tolerances guide you... personally i have a mix of all types of plastic and plated metals in my brewery and keg systems, and i don't twitch too much on a good day :D

pretty certain this mob have something to suit.. though on further inspection it looks like they only have 3/8 male x 8mm... but at least their nickel plated brass is listed as FDA approved, i feel much betterer about my systems now.

Maybe because Andale do mostly commercial fonts and dont give two fucks about your JG fitting.....its called..we produce a commercial fitting that is used in most pubs in Australia...most pubs dont use the JG fitting thread size. Dont ask us to change our thread size to suit a very small market..

Ducatiboy stu said:
Maybe because Andale do mostly commercial fonts and dont give two fucks about your JG fitting.....its called..we produce a commercial fitting that is used in most pubs in Australia...most pubs dont use the JG fitting thread size. Dont ask us to change our thread size to suit a very small market..

I'd agree Andale aim their product at commercial segment of the market, however that market isn't a growing one, infact in rural areas some of these commercial ventures are still under threat of closing due to lack of patronage. The home brew market on the other hand is still growing and I'd guess everyday a home brewer thinks stuff this bottling shit, and heads down the kegging path.
Now Andale products are top notch, in a commercial environment I would guess a life span of around 6 years easy, so other than servicing with kits, each client won't return for some years.
Making minor adjustments or additions to product line ups for either Andale or JG won't harm either bussiness, and would allow further penetration of a growing market.

Latest posts

Back