Conical Fermenter - Anyone use one?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That definitely didn't go through QC. The manufacturer wouldn't send it out like that knowingly, means they can't even salvage it.

Jeez those pics show how horrid it was. You weren’t wrong to return it.

If one was going to get a conical, is it better to get a pressured unit, or not worth the money?

I like the idea of pressurised like the ss Brewtech unitank so you can carb in it too.
It is a bit of an indulgence though! I may just put an extra gas post and carb stone on my kegmenter lid and use it as a bright tank though.
I just did my second 50litre brew in 3 weeks which went into plastic fermenters which means no brewing for 6 months so the pressure to purchase is off.
If the 17g unitank was in stock a month ago I would have bought one though.

I like the idea of pressurised like the ss Brewtech unitank so you can carb in it too.
It is a bit of an indulgence though! I may just put an extra gas post and carb stone on my kegmenter lid and use it as a bright tank though.
I just did my second 50litre brew in 3 weeks which went into plastic fermenters which means no brewing for 6 months so the pressure to purchase is off.
If the 17g unitank was in stock a month ago I would have bought one though.
Yeah, they're a fair investment. But if you're going to fork out $'s for a conical, maybe it's worth it. Would be good if they were a few hundred cheaper though!
No brewing for 6 months.....that sounds terrible. haha

If one was going to get a conical, is it better to get a pressured unit, or not worth the money?

You want a conical that can do pressurised transfers, anything more than that is going to cost you a lot. If you really need to ferment under pressure, do it in a keg.

Latest posts

Back