Compressor Delay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DangerousDave

Reaction score
i have tried searching this but found nothing

wired up my temp controller to my kegerator and i have the temp setting of 4 with an allowance of 3 degrees (turns on at 7 degrees) with a compressor delay time of 9 mins

its all working fine but the thing that has me concerned is the first few time it kicked over the delay time kicked in but recently as it hits 7 degrees the compressor just turns straight on with no delay time is this normal or has something gone wrong?

cheers fellas

The comp delay is for when the power has been switched off Dave, red light should flash or stay steady. If the fridge switched on at 7 degrees then all sounds okay.

i have tried searching this but found nothing

wired up my temp controller to my kegerator and i have the temp setting of 4 with an allowance of 3 degrees (turns on at 7 degrees) with a compressor delay time of 9 mins

its all working fine but the thing that has me concerned is the first few time it kicked over the delay time kicked in but recently as it hits 7 degrees the compressor just turns straight on with no delay time is this normal or has something gone wrong?

cheers fellas

Have you checked that the program is as you programed it? About the only thing I can think of that might be the issue.....

You'll probably want to drop that allowance down to 1 degree - or you'll find it switches on at 7 - but remains on until it cool it down to 4.. then slowly (over days or hours) it will rise to 7 before turning on again...

it will kick in straight away when it hits 7 unless the compressor was turned off less than 9 mins ago, that's what it's meant to do.

glaab's explanation is correct. The delay will also kick in if the power has been disconnected from the controller (ie a power failure, or turning it on for the first time).

thankue very much fellas you've put my mind at ease once again :icon_cheers:

You'll probably want to drop that allowance down to 1 degree - or you'll find it switches on at 7 - but remains on until it cool it down to 4.. then slowly (over days or hours) it will rise to 7 before turning on again...

yeah i did have it on 1 degree but probably due to my craphouse collar building skills it was turning on alot so now it ranges from 4-6 degrees over maybe an hour or 2 i dont think that kind of fluctuation will hurt my beer but im happy to be told im wrong?

Back