• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Equipment For Sale Complete "Turnkey" BIAB Setup - Enmore / Inner West Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eloschgimpel

Reaction score
$1500 for the lot, but happy to take serious offers

We're planning to move into an apartment in the not-too-distant future and have started the process of downsizing.
Sadly, that spells the end to my homebrewing years, at least for now.

I've built up what I reckon is a pretty great little (or sadly not so little) setup for BIAB grain-to-keg-to-glass brewing. Rather than break the kit up and selling it off piecemeal, I would really love for it to kickstart another homebrewer's journey into the world of all-grain brewing. I've tried to price the kit based only on the values of its larger components, which should also be possible to sell individually and throwing in the myriad of easy to forget smaller items that make the difference between a few trips to a brick & mortar or online homebrew shop and a setup that normally takes some years to grow together.

The key elements are:

70L stainless kettle fitted with ball valve
Italian Spiral Burner LPG burner with adjustable Medium/High-Pressure Regulator
Fully motorised, geared two-roller Mill Master malt mill
Kegerator with 3 Perlick 650SS stainless steel taps with flow control, 6kg CO2 cylinder, Micromatic regulator, S/S drip tray
3x 19L Corny kegs
Heavy-duty stainless steel mash paddle
Yeast Forge magnetic stir plate, 2L Erlenmeyer flask, various stir bars
2x Oxygen cylinders w/ pressure regulator, stainless steel rod, and 0.5 micron aeration stone for wort oxygenation
Thermapen high sped and precision thermometer
Refractometer & various hydrometers
2x Fully wired up STC-1000 temp controllers, heat belt
Fermenting fridge with enough space for two 30L fermenters or a fermenter and some kegs. It's strong enough to cold crash the lot to 0C. This one is not in the photos yet, I'll take some tomorrow and will add.
Digital scales for weighing grain
Probably the best BIAB bag ever made

The rest of the kit are all the bits and bobs that fill in the gaps and are needed to actually brew beer: cleaning products and utensils, cubes for no-chill wort storage, measuring jugs, pipettes, storage tubs, DME, spare parts for servicing taps and kegs, airlocks, fermenter taps, transfer rigs, hop socks, Brewbrite, yeast nutrient, insulating sleeve for kettle, gloves, carbonation cheat sheet...

I've uploaded full-resolution images with description of all items on imgur:

If you are looking for a quick way to get started with all-grain brewing or know someone who is keen to get into brewing with all our beloved pubs shut, please get in touch.

Attachments

• IMG_20210610_145440.jpg
    IMG_20210610_145440.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20210610_145911.jpg
    IMG_20210610_145911.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20210715_191232.jpg
    IMG_20210715_191232.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20210715_104109.jpg
    IMG_20210715_104109.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20210610_151501.jpg
    IMG_20210610_151501.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20210715_133646.jpg
    IMG_20210715_133646.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Hi eloschgimpel
If you go down the path of separating the gear, I am interested in the Kegerator, cheers, John

Hi eloschgimpel
If you go down the path of separating the gear, I am interested in the Kegerator, cheers, John

Hi John,
Thanks for your message. At this stage, I'd still love for the kit to go in one lot. All of it deserves to be used and it might be hard to find a new home for the smaller bits if I only sell off the big-ticket items. I've posted the kit with our local co-op brewery's member group as well and hopefully, someone is keen to get into brewing. If there really is no interest within the next couple of weeks, I'll start breaking the kit up.

As promised, I've taken some pics of the fridge. It's a great unit that's been able to keep things chilled even in the harshest summer weather. Perfect for fermenting, lagering, cold crashing post-fermentation, carbonating, or just for keeping your brews cold. As you can see, it's been kept outdoors under shelter, so it's great for a similar spot or in the garage, but I perhaps wouldn't recommend it for indoors.

Would be great if someone picks it all up but I am keen on the yeast forge if you do split up.

I found another 20L storage cube to go into the kit. Wonder how much more I find scattered across the house ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_174647.jpg
    IMG_20210718_174647.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Would be great if someone picks it all up but I am keen on the yeast forge if you do split up.

I reckon it's time to start breaking the kit up. I suppose a homebrew forum like AHB might not be the best place to find people who haven't at least started brewing in some way and are looking to buy a full kit ;)

@Tony121 if you're still interested in the Yeast Forge, I'd part with it for say $80.

@feralbass I've sent you a PM in case you're still interested in the kegerator.

Otherwise I might start pricing items or happy to hear any offers on whatever bits y'all could use.

PM sent, cheers, John
I reckon it's time to start breaking the kit up. I suppose a homebrew forum like AHB might not be the best place to find people who haven't at least started brewing in some way and are looking to buy a full kit ;)

@Tony121 if you're still interested in the Yeast Forge, I'd part with it for say $80.

@feralbass I've sent you a PM in case you're still interested in the kegerator.

Otherwise I might start pricing items or happy to hear any offers on whatever bits y'all could use.

Hi - I am interested in the malt crusher, how much do you want for it?

Thanks for lots of interest and PMs.

I've written back to the first lot of PMs based on a first come first serve basis, but will pass on if nothing can be worked out.
Not trying to get rich off this sale, but also not desperate to sell for less than this stuff is honestly worth in it's used state.

Regarding the malt mill. I was thinking $380. It's a touch less than the price of a new MillMaster mills (Note: the one I'm selling still has the knurled rollers) and the hopper, motiondynamics motor, power supply, drive shaft, spider coupling etc, all added up to around $250-300 as well. It's fully set up and ready to mill.

There have been lots of people asking about the Cornys. I'd prefer to sell the 2x Cornelius Super Champion and 1x Italian-made SAFER S.p.a. kegs together for $100 for all three and will throw in the keg maintenance kit (spare posts, o-rings, valves, poppets etc).

The kegerator with the 3 Perlick 650SS flow control taps, S/S font, S/S elbow shanks, circa 1/2-full/empty 6kg CO2 bottle, Micromatic pressure reg w/ gauge cage, S/S beer and plastic gas disconnects, S/S drip tray, growler filler for the Perlicks and some tap spares and tolls: $575
I've listed all included components, researched the new price and gone half price or under. See the table with the breakdown below.

ItemPrice Paid/NewAsking Price
Bare Series 4 kegerator (no tower, taps etc) currently selling on special for $410$410.00$180.00
3x Perlick 650SS taps (paid 3x $120 = $360)$360.00$180.00
Stainless drip tray, unsure what it cost me but they sell for around $30-$35$30.00$15.00
6kg CO2 bottle (full $105, refill swap circa $55, bottle is still about half full)$105.00$60.00
Shanks S/S (new 3x $20)$60.00$30.00
4-way CO2 manifold (was circa $25)$25.00$10.00
3-tap Tower (was circa $50)$50.00$25.00
Micromatic Premium 2-gauge CO2 regulator (new circa $120 with gauge cage)$120.00$55.00
Gas and beer disconnects, one-way valve, gas & beer lines, tap plugs, spare tap washers, shank spanners etc???$20.00
$1,160.00$575.00

70L Stainless Steel kettle. Comes with custom-made insulation sleeve, fitted with S/S pickup tube, ball valve and silicone hose for easy transfer into chiller or no-chill cubes. BIAB grain bag, hop socks and S/S hop cone. Can throw in the massive S/S mash paddle or let me know if there's anything else in the kit that you can use. $200

Italian Spiral Gas Burner with medium/high pressure adjustable LPG regulator. $100

Again, thanks for the interest and please let me know if there's anything in the rest of the kit, that you have a use for and would like to make an offer for or it can be used to maybe sweeten the deal on one of the bigger items.

Cheers, Andy

Thanks for lots of interest and PMs.

I've written back to the first lot of PMs based on a first come first serve basis, but will pass on if nothing can be worked out.
Not trying to get rich off this sale, but also not desperate to sell for less than this stuff is honestly worth in it's used state.

Regarding the malt mill. I was thinking $380. It's a touch less than the price of a new MillMaster mills (Note: the one I'm selling still has the knurled rollers) and the hopper, motiondynamics motor, power supply, drive shaft, spider coupling etc, all added up to around $250-300 as well. It's fully set up and ready to mill.

There have been lots of people asking about the Cornys. I'd prefer to sell the 2x Cornelius Super Champion and 1x Italian-made SAFER S.p.a. kegs together for $100 for all three and will throw in the keg maintenance kit (spare posts, o-rings, valves, poppets etc).

The kegerator with the 3 Perlick 650SS flow control taps, S/S font, S/S elbow shanks, circa 1/2-full/empty 6kg CO2 bottle, Micromatic pressure reg w/ gauge cage, S/S beer and plastic gas disconnects, S/S drip tray, growler filler for the Perlicks and some tap spares and tolls: $575
I've listed all included components, researched the new price and gone half price or under. See the table with the breakdown below.

ItemPrice Paid/NewAsking Price
Bare Series 4 kegerator (no tower, taps etc) currently selling on special for $410$410.00$180.00
3x Perlick 650SS taps (paid 3x $120 = $360)$360.00$180.00
Stainless drip tray, unsure what it cost me but they sell for around $30-$35$30.00$15.00
6kg CO2 bottle (full $105, refill swap circa $55, bottle is still about half full)$105.00$60.00
Shanks S/S (new 3x $20)$60.00$30.00
4-way CO2 manifold (was circa $25)$25.00$10.00
3-tap Tower (was circa $50)$50.00$25.00
Micromatic Premium 2-gauge CO2 regulator (new circa $120 with gauge cage)$120.00$55.00
Gas and beer disconnects, one-way valve, gas & beer lines, tap plugs, spare tap washers, shank spanners etc???$20.00
$1,160.00$575.00

70L Stainless Steel kettle. Comes with custom-made insulation sleeve, fitted with S/S pickup tube, ball valve and silicone hose for easy transfer into chiller or no-chill cubes. BIAB grain bag, hop socks and S/S hop cone. Can throw in the massive S/S mash paddle or let me know if there's anything else in the kit that you can use. $200

Italian Spiral Gas Burner with medium/high pressure adjustable LPG regulator. $100

Again, thanks for the interest and please let me know if there's anything in the rest of the kit, that you have a use for and would like to make an offer for or it can be used to maybe sweeten the deal on one of the bigger items.

Cheers, Andy
Definitely interested in the mill malt, need to organise payment and how I collect it. Can you provide details of the device on the left of the mill, not sure what it does!!

Thanks for your interest @David B , but the mill is already promised to another AHB member. I can let you know if anything changes though. Also already spoken for are the kegs and kegerator and the Yeast Forge (magnetic stir plate) shipped to its new home today.

For those interested, the device left of the mill David is referring to is a poly resin equipment case that houses the power supply for the mill. It also includes a volt and amp meter (to basically see how hard the mill is working), RPM control and a button to stop the mill.

Just want to put out there that it was a pleasure to deal with @eloschgimpel

Great communication, quick delivery, extremely well packed and in great condition, thank you.

Regards,
Tony

Forgot to mention. If anyone needs a great fermenting fridge, or just a fridge for the garage or deck (I believe I've kept all shelves and door racks), it's yours for $20 or a growler of your finest. I'd hate to see it go to the used whitegoods tsar of Enmore Road to be gutted for spares.

Latest posts

Back