Commercial Beer Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Raja Goomba I

Prisoner of Sobriety
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this that SWMBO found:

Beer Comp

Can't say a verdict that renders Kosciusko Pale Ale a winner is necessarily accurate but people are starting to really come to. Note the comments - yes, some usual bogans, but some people finally saying "we want quality over quantity".

I say this as I drink a Viscount Nelson MIA.

Yum.

Goomba

It's a step in the right direction. Can only hope it makes for more change in the industry.

Also, great to see Burleigh picking up an award. One of the few exciting Beer companies in Queensland.

Seriously? Kosciusko?

That is one of the worst beers around, who is judging these things?

Its great that there are more competitions for good beer, but when a beer like that takes out the top gong you really have to wonder what is going on with the judging and whether or not there is politics involved.

Seriously? Kosciusko?

Its great that there are more competitions for good beer, but when a beer like that takes out the top gong you really have to wonder what is going on with the judging and whether or not there is politics involved.

It'd be interesting to know if the guys who "made" the beer were the ones judging it - could explain a lot if they were.

Edit: I assume that there were other impartial judges involved as well, but it seems that scores could easily be skewed.

I think it also comes down to who entered.

"Unlike wine judges, beer judges didn't have the luxury of spitting, he said. "The bitterness comes through right on the back of the tongue and there's no other way to test that than to swallow." "

Absolutely - spitting is such a luxury... only afforded to the highest of wine critics..

When I am feeling luxurious, I spit everything.

Seriously? Kosciusko?

I was part of a commercial glassware taste test panel a few weeks ago. At the end of the formalities Chuck Hahn (also on the panel)pulled out a few fresh bottles of Kosciuszko Pale Ale to try in these glasses and I must say it was tasting very, very good.

Back