Cock Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep this bloke is bordering on weird.very adventurous with any additive other than sugar.should have seen his mull beer.totally green.would have looked good on st pats day.i never did try it.no idea on how it tasted either

cheers
big d

Bought a book off eBay last week.
It also has a recipe and info on brewing a Cock Ale.

Do we have any new takers on giving this a go ?

Beers,
Doc

CockAle.JPG

Hi All - even as we speak the Pyssedas Heavy Industrial Brewing Division is undertaking a cock ale - it is a recipe which I have half dreamed up for myself - but hopefully will avoid the worst of the rancidity which could eventuate from some recipes - and also avoids adding raisins to the beer which i just couldn't bear.

For those who wish for more details they can be found at:
www.geocities.com/pyssedas/chicken

Any other thoughts would be most welcomed - if there are any brave souls in Melbourne who would be interested in trying this beast [if feathered things fit into the beast category] feel free to get in touch via the site!
Cheers
DGr

For those interested in this adventure clicking on the site listed in the above post can now find tasting notes and more on this fine brew.

PS - have only just tried it - if i die tomorrow i will leave note in will that wife will post here to warn others of my foolish ways.

Does a "thumbs up" count as a tasting note???
Other details very thin on the ground on that link.....

dreamboat

Nice Read PHI

Can't wait to hear about the final tasting of the Egg Beer

dreamboat

Well I am proud of my stomach for surviving the chicken beer - but not sure I am up to the egg - have seen it in its bottle fermenting and it looked truly terrible - the reports of the smell defy belief. Think I will have to be well scutted before I attempt that one!

There was actually a small snippet of info about Cock Ale in the Metro (free London newspaper) on tuesday. They quoted the same recipe!

Nice read PHI, its good to see someone actually tried this, nomatter how insane of a recipe it is! :)

Hey - who let the Pom in ?!!!! :)

How's it going Kook? any chance you'll be at Gl's on the weekend?

Its going great :) Working and drinking good beer (no brewing though I'm afraid). I wont be at GLs I'm afraid. I'm taking a day trip down to Brighton to visit The Evening Star (http://www.eveningstarbrighton.co.uk/) for their winter beer festival.

Bloody hell - have you looked at the beers they have on tap !?!! ...any chance of a photo of the bar Kook?

Good to see you back online

KOOK : the inaugural AHB Foreign Correspondent

Latest posts

Back