Co2 suppliers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodbeer

Reaction score
Hello brewers

Looking to step up from bottling to kegging.

A while back I saw Bunnings had swap and go oxygen, just had to pay a deposit for the bottle.

Can't seem find it at the moment. Just wondering if there are many about like this where you don't actually have to buy, can just put a deposit down and swap as you need.

Or best just to buy so you have one?

Thanks

Well you won't want oxygen but best to buy a co2 bottle, after outlay it's the cheapest way. Check gumtree, ebay or ask if someone here has a bottle for sale.
You can get a new 2.6kg bottle full around $160 I think, from brew shops like keg king.

Ha, yep wrong thing, on fire.

So I was looking at keg king ones, would prob get a 6 as purchase and refill seems a lot more economical than a 2.6...

Was just trying to save the initial outlay to put towards kegs. I realise the deposit on a place that swaps would be as much as buying one but if I could get the deposit back one day if needs be

Once you buy your bottle, you can get it either swapped or refilled. I find that refills are much more economical. Speedgas at Manly Vale will refill 6kg for $40 or 2.6kg for $30. They don't care about the bottle brand. Clearly a 6kg bottle is a much better proposal. Your typical homebrew store will charge around $50 for a swap and you have a 50% chance that they will not swap the brand of the bottle you have.

Cheers peteru

Found them not long after posting, not far from my place.

Will get a 6kg from keg king

BOC rent a 6kg full bottle for $99 /yr including another free fill which works out OK if you filter or transfer or just drink a lot of beer to use ~10kg of gas a year.

I like the BOC option. Plenty of distributors, 60second swap over, $50-ish for 10kg per swap. Last one (which I have now) is a brand new mint bottle and valve.

I don't know how long your purchased cylinders can be used for, but I know the BOC system handles that for me.

i like actually owning the bottle personally so i have a mykegonlegs one.

I paid $140 for my 5 kg bottle and it is stamped for 10 years before it needs pressure testing. Pressure test costs $30 (2017 price) and refill $40. At $99 per year rental, it's a no brainer for me.

Latest posts

Back