Co2 Secondary Regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

komodo

Reaction score
So I have 6 kegs (looking to get more soon) and 6 taps. Now some beers want more carbonation than others and my soda water tap wants a rediculous amount of carbonation.
So I'm looking for secondary regulator options. Ideally I'd like to be able to have upto 7 different pressures one for each tap and a spare for carbing up, purging kegs etc.

Now I know Micromatic have secondary regulators - but I am scared by the prices! I've also read a post where guys with beer engines were talking about using a cheap air compressor regulator as a cheap secondary regulator. Does this work? are there any ill effects?
Who else makes secondary regulators?

Is any one else using secondary regulators?

So I have 6 kegs (looking to get more soon) and 6 taps. Now some beers want more carbonation than others and my soda water tap wants a rediculous amount of carbonation.
So I'm looking for secondary regulator options. Ideally I'd like to be able to have upto 7 different pressures one for each tap and a spare for carbing up, purging kegs etc.

Now I know Micromatic have secondary regulators - but I am scared by the prices! I've also read a post where guys with beer engines were talking about using a cheap air compressor regulator as a cheap secondary regulator. Does this work? are there any ill effects?

Bloke I run two air compressor regs off my micromatic giving me 3 pressure options. It's relatively early days yet and I am still paranoid about losing my cylinder of gas to a device that is designed for inherently leaky compressed air systems. I bought 2 in line regs from Supa Cheap Auto for about $15 each and incorporated them into my manifold setup.
In testing the setup for leaks one of the gauges started to leak but I had a spare which has been fine. I run the micromatic at 300kpa for quick force carbing and currently 100 kpa for both of the others but will tweak accordingly as my styles dictate different levels of carbonation.
I think Guest Lurker also runs a similar setup as well.
I hope this helps.
Cheers
Doug

Cheers!
Thats definately the type of info I'm after. If yours proves to be reliable that works out a lot cheaper than the $300ish it would cost for "proper" secondary regulators.

Are these just installed in-line? Got any pics?
DSC00531.jpg
DSC00532.jpg

I use a small Argon reg from a portable mig set up, tee piece to reg then set dispensing pressure and off to splitter manifold.
ATM I have 2 for dispensing and 1 for carbing or dispense.

Latest posts

Back