Co2 Gas Leak

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven19

Homer is God
Reaction score
Since kegging, I have left my CO2 gas bottle on pretty much all the time.

After a measely 8 or so kegs, my bottle was empty! Somethings not right here....

Refilled the gas and before attaching and leaving it again, I checked my gas lines and connections. Lo and behold when under pressure and dunked into a bucket of water, one of the Female Adaptor's was leaking. A slow leak but a leak nonetheless...

I tightened things up with a spanner just tighter than finger tight to be sure.

So just a heads up I would recommend to check your line connections regularly. :icon_cheers:

Since kegging, I have left my CO2 gas bottle on pretty much all the time.

After a measely 8 or so kegs, my bottle was empty! Somethings not right here....

Refilled the gas and before attaching and leaving it again, I checked my gas lines and connections. Lo and behold when under pressure and dunked into a bucket of water, one of the Female Adaptor's was leaking. A slow leak but a leak nonetheless...

I tightened things up with a spanner just tighter than finger tight to be sure.

So just a heads up I would recommend to check your line connections regularly. :icon_cheers:

HITBH do you tighten a JG push fitting with a spanner?
If the JG fitting is the culprit then send it back where it came from & get a replacement.

TP

small 500ml squirt bottle and a bit of dishwashing liquid does wonders. my new kegerator had a baby leak in one of the beer lines straight off the bat.

squirt squirt and problem solved........ just replaced one of the clamps and all was good.

Ernie

Found the main culprit issue! A small crack in the insert that grips the line!

I used the spanner to tighten the famale connector onto the actual gas in disconnect - only 1/10th of a turn more than finger tight though.

Back