Co2 Cylinder Options

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 1kg bottle for the party keg that I picked up from Goliath's a few years ago, have used it with a Harris reg and a roll of gas tape with no problems, had no problems getting it filled.

I've just bought a new 9kg ali bottle here in the US, am using another Harris reg (Aust purchased) and some gas tape with no problems. Guy at local welding supply looked at the date stamp on the 1kg bottle (Aust tested) and filled it - no problems.

Maybe this was an issue specific to the bottle/reg you were sent Jye?

Giving this a bump as I am expecting my big bill on the 1st of march after years of cheap gas and will be returning the bottle pronto.
The go for gas in Melbourne now seems to be M.K.O.L. from G&G or Supa Gas retal.
Anyone else care chime in with any pro's and cons.

- Luke

I havent had any responses from all the commercial/medical gas bottle suppliers ive contacted. so I guess your right Lukes. The only other option is what Fents mentioned that the really huge gas bottles are cheaper to rent as they are less portable and less popular, I think Fents said the LHBS in Greensborough rents the giant bottles for $20 per year,

just out of interest, how loong would a 6kg bottle (MKOL) last? assume a 4 keg setup (I figure thats probably the AHB avg)

Latest posts

Back