CO2 Bottle Prices

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slurpdog

Reaction score
Hi all

Just went to my local BOC gas supplier in Moorebank (Syd) ans nearly fell over at the price of the rental of a 9kg CO2 bottle.
They're quoting $135.00 a year for rental and I have to set up a cash account to get a hold of one :eek: .
I was hoping to get a bottle today (Saturday) so I can complete my keg setup and keg my brew but it won't be happening today.
Anybody know of a better gas deal in Sydney other than what BOC are offering?

Thanks
Slurpdog

Hi all

Just went to my local BOC gas supplier in Moorebank (Syd) ans nearly fell over at the price of the rental of a 9kg CO2 bottle.
They're quoting $135.00 a year for rental and I have to set up a cash account to get a hold of one :eek: .
I was hoping to get a bottle today (Saturday) so I can complete my keg setup and keg my brew but it won't be happening today.
Anybody know of a better gas deal in Sydney other than what BOC are offering?

Thanks
Slurpdog

Hi Sd,
I dont live in NSW but if you do a search on here for "keg on legs" from memory it may help.
They sell you the bottle and have agents that fill it.
No affiliation Bla! Bla!
Cheers

I'm pretty sure that Damian at Whats Brewing on Rocky Point Rd at Kogarah does the KegsOnLegs gas bottle swap program.
I think he closes at lunchtime on Sat, so give him a call on Monday and he should be able to sort you out.

Beers,
Doc

Sounds a little high on the rental, only ~$110/year over here but then the first fill is $35 as well...soo not too far off.

There's a mob here in Perth (can't remember the name and the other computer with my favourites has died :angry: ) but they sell all sorts of kegging related to gear to commercial and private operations and they will certainly gas the bottle (somewhere in Malaga if another Perthite is watching this). Maybe there's a similar mob in Sydney, I thought they were a National thing. I don't know if the mob over here will hire you the bottle though. Maybe talk to your local HBS, they may have heard of another place ?

Thanks All
The Kegs On Legs option sounds worth checking out so I'll give What's Brewing a call next week.

Slurpdog

Dave's home brew in North Sydney has Kegs On Legs as well.

Ever thought about going the extinguisher route???

Back