Type 30 refill hose

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All.

I'm new to this forum, and fairly new to brewing, but thanks to Google and YouTube, I'm learning fast. There is, however, one thing that my Google-fu has been unable to help me with.

I plan to hire a 22Kg CO2 bottle from Supagas, and use it to recharge my 6Kg and 2.6Kg bottle as required. The price is pretty nominal - $42 for a full bottle, delivered, and $10 per month rental on the bottle. A small price to pay for not having to dash off to Springvale every time a bottle is exhausted. And there's the added advantage of being able to refill Sodastream bottle for neighbours and family. And if it runs out, they'll deliver a full bottle the next day. Sweet.

But now the problem. In order to make this work, I need a refill hose, but I've been utterly unable to find one for sale. There are US-style CGA320 hoses and there are type 30 to Sodastream hoses, but not a sign of the hose that I need.

Can anybody help me out with links or supplier suggestions?

Many thanks.

It’s not quite as easy as you think. You will need a "Liquid Withdrawal Cylinder" they have a black line down their length so you can tell they have a dip-tube.
You will only get about half of a fill, so maybe 3kg into a 6kg bottle without a pump.
You will only get about 2/3rds of the 22Kg bottle into your bottles without a pump.
Ordering and getting deliveries won’t be quite as quick as for normal CO2 bottles.
A CO2 transfer pump isn’t cheap, Kegland want around $2.5K
You can get a transfer lead lots of places, Andale have one, so would most commercial beer plumbing suppliers and probably many gas agents, bets to call them and ask rather than Google.
Mark
1616981104753.png

I was told that the liquid dip tube ones if you rock them back and forward you can hear the dip tube rattle around a bit inside.

You might be better off with a couple of 6kg cylinders and the adapter to refill Sodastream bottles from Kegland. Nominal charge to the neighbours for a refill and you'll be quids in.

It’s not quite as easy as you think. You will need a "Liquid Withdrawal Cylinder" they have a black line down their length so you can tell they have a dip-tube.
You will only get about half of a fill, so maybe 3kg into a 6kg bottle without a pump.
You will only get about 2/3rds of the 22Kg bottle into your bottles without a pump.
Ordering and getting deliveries won’t be quite as quick as for normal CO2 bottles.
A CO2 transfer pump isn’t cheap, Kegland want around $2.5K
You can get a transfer lead lots of places, Andale have one, so would most commercial beer plumbing suppliers and probably many gas agents, bets to call them and ask rather than Google.
Mark
[snip]
I tried contacting Andale and heard nothing back, but after all my fruitless searches, this finally popped up in Google ad. Thanks Google! 🥳

Hi, I would be a little cautious getting a 22kg CO2 bottle for domestic use , from what I have been told they are covered under the relevant state 'Work-Safe' regulations which are quite onerous. I know someone who uses them in a domestic environment, his shed had to meet full state legislation including work-safe spot checks… The 6kg bottles aren’t.

Hi, I would be a little cautious getting a 22kg CO2 bottle for domestic use , from what I have been told they are covered under the relevant state 'Work-Safe' regulations which are quite onerous. I know someone who uses them in a domestic environment, his shed had to meet full state legislation including work-safe spot checks… The 6kg bottles aren’t.
Never heard of anything like that when I had 22kg cylinders. Not saying it's not true, just that I never encountered it.

Latest posts

Back