Cleer Beer - Pozible project - "conical fermenter-bottle lid"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolio666

Reaction score
No affiliation etc, but I just saw this on pozible. Seems to be reusable single bottle "conical fermenter- bottle lids" for want of a better description [this is my thought].

http://www.pozible.com/project/182872

What are people thoughts on the idea?

I'm not sold on the the name, but idea seems ok.

Toolio

Great idea, all we need need now is a 30 litre PET bottle.

bpt said:
Great idea, all we need need now is a 30 litre PET bottle.
We already have 30L fermenters. I wondered if it would be possible to manufacture stainless steel cones that could screw on to a fermenter in place of the lid turn it upside down and use the tap as a blow off. I was going to start a thread about the it but dismissed the idea as it would probably be difficult to get it to seal properly. Not sure though it might work.

I like it!

Unfortunately the sedexbrewing one Only works on glass screw thread bottles, this one on plastic.. But as I bottle to plastic anyway......I think I'll pledge a few dollars.

As for a 30 litre version, some poor folk might not have the ability to invert all that weight...... I've found to my cost that very few vessels of that size are actually properly sealed. I'd love to find sound that seal properly and can hold pressure.
If anyone knows of anything that can I'd appreciate a prod in that direction. Thanks.

Back