Cleaning My Celli Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The flow control is the best thing ever, allowing you to serve your beer at the carbonation pressure without having craploads of beer line coiled in the fridge.

This is a simple method I came up with to flush the Celli's after a session. Just fill a large syringe with water or anything, stick in a cup and push up. You only need one hand so you can keep drinking with the other :D . Maybe even put a rubber washer on the end of the syringe to seal the end so all the water go's through the tap <_<
cccc.jpg

I noticed there some issues on supply of taps, service kits and JG flow restrictor. Bracton has reasonable prices on all these goods and more..

here are just a few prices (ex gst):

C - Spanner (to disassemble taps) - $15.04
Universal Tap kit - $5.04
Flow restrictor - $40.00

should you require pricing on other goods, let me know.

Regards,

Russell

This is a simple method I came up with to flush the Celli's after a session. Just fill a large syringe with water or anything, stick in a cup and push up. You only need one hand so you can keep drinking with the other :D . Maybe even put a rubber washer on the end of the syringe to seal the end so all the water go's through the tap <_<
View attachment 17377

Hey Steve I tried that... Worked a treat. :super:

Warren -

Hey Steve I tried that... Worked a treat.

Thats what I get the big money for :lol:

I've had my Celli taps for about a year now and I still haven't been able to figure out how to get the flow restrictor lever part to come off... I've tried turning the outer nut but it gets stuck against the lever/handle part? Can someone tell me how it's done?

I've had my Celli taps for about a year now and I still haven't been able to figure out how to get the flow restrictor lever part to come off... I've tried turning the outer nut but it gets stuck against the lever/handle part? Can someone tell me how it's done?

unscrew it counter clockwise then pull it off .it's fairly easy
cheers paul

doh! I figured it out about 5 mins after I posted... I tried that before but the outer nut started rubbing on the handle so I thought that must be the wrong way...

ALERT!!!!!
My Cellis live outside and accumulate a lot of condensation on them that I found hard to clean off, much like water spots on car windows. This time when I dismantled them for cleaning, I decided to give them a polish with some Austosol cream. I did this while having a beer and watching TV in the darkened living room. The next day when I took them outside, to my horror, I discovered I'd polished off the "gold plating" in some areas. Seems this plating or whatever it is, is molecularly thin. I would expect any type of plating to be able to withstand the abrasion you get from a polishing cream. It does not bother me at all, I just want to warn all the other celli owners out there.

cheers

Browndog

thats a shame browndog,
you would expect that from a tap that costs some dollars.

ALERT!!!!!
My Cellis live outside and accumulate a lot of condensation on them that I found hard to clean off, much like water spots on car windows. This time when I dismantled them for cleaning, I decided to give them a polish with some Austosol cream. I did this while having a beer and watching TV in the darkened living room. The next day when I took them outside, to my horror, I discovered I'd polished off the "gold plating" in some areas. Seems this plating or whatever it is, is molecularly thin. I would expect any type of plating to be able to withstand the abrasion you get from a polishing cream. It does not bother me at all, I just want to warn all the other celli owners out there.

cheers

Browndog

Tony,

Last time at your place you had Broncos just like me. Have you won Lotto?
Can't help you much with your problem but I amazed that what with all the $$$$'s you paid that they are not gold plated to at least 0.5mm thick?

Rossco????? ;)

TP :beer:

Too fast for me Franko. :p

Tony,

Last time at your place you had Broncos just like me. Have you won Lotto?
Can't help you much with your problem but I amazed that what with all the $$$$'s you paid that they are not gold plated to at least 0.5mm thick?

Rossco????? ;)

Too fast for me Franko. :p

Yep, upgraded from the broncos to 4 cellis Pete. I thought the plating on them looked quite solid. While I was polishing, I noticed the cloth going black and thought gold should not be doing that (as it is relatively inert) I thought it was some kind of laquer that was coming off, unfortunately it wasn't

Bugger, I can't edit my first post. The product is Autosol not austosol. Cheers Pat.
cheers

Browndog

I will give you a quick tip.Just get a tea towel and put him over the top. No, no need to knit some thing that looks like nannas been over.It keeps off all the crap that tends to fall out of the sky you just cant remove.My old cellis are worn thin but the new ones still look great.Must remember no beers in dark corners with polish in my hand.
GB

Yep, upgraded from the broncos to 4 cellis Pete. I thought the plating on them looked quite solid. While I was polishing, I noticed the cloth going black and thought gold should not be doing that (as it is relatively inert) I thought it was some kind of laquer that was coming off, unfortunately it wasn't

Bugger, I can't edit my first post. The product is Autosol not austosol. Cheers Pat.
cheers

Browndog

Tony,

Shouldn't have taken the micky mate. :(
I really feel your pain here. :(

Hey Browndog. As much of a shame as it seems it will just wear of it's own accord in due time anyhow. Mine are around 14 months old and have some spots where the gold has worn away just from wiping with a soft/damp cloth.

Personally I've just gotten used to it. Doesn't detract from what they can do in too many ways. :)

One thing I've learnt to look out for is the accumulation of gunk where the spring and screw are at the front. I make a habit of completely pulling them down around once a month now. Otherwise you get some really nasty stuff harbouring itself within the spring. ;)

All that aside I've yet to see a tap that gives such a fantastic smooth pour. :rolleyes:

Final note: Given me druthers I would have saved my pennies a little longer for a pair of the dead-sexy all stainless Cellis. They look da bomb.

Warren -

I havnt got taps yet but was looking at cellis because they are apprently the best,. I was going to steer away from the 2 toned taps though cause i thought it may wear away with time. glad to know I was right to steer clear. Ill just go the chrome. dont think i can afford the stainless at $169 each (I need 4)

Hey Browndog. As much of a shame as it seems it will just wear of it's own accord in due time anyhow. Mine are around 14 months old and have some spots where the gold has worn away just from wiping with a soft/damp cloth.

Personally I've just gotten used to it. Doesn't detract from what they can do in too many ways. :)

One thing I've learnt to look out for is the accumulation of gunk where the spring and screw are at the front. I make a habit of completely pulling them down around once a month now. Otherwise you get some really nasty stuff harbouring itself within the spring. ;)

All that aside I've yet to see a tap that gives such a fantastic smooth pour. :rolleyes:

Final note: Given me druthers I would have saved my pennies a little longer for a pair of the dead-sexy all stainless Cellis. They look da bomb.

Warren -

Yeah, I'm not concerned about it at all, I just wanted to let everyone know what could happen. They are an awesome tap be they gold or whatever lies beneath. I will just have to add autosol to my list of nasty but seemingly innocent items anong with straightened out coathangers ;)

cheers

Browndog

Hey Citymorgue. You'll find them the best brewing investment you make. :)

Browndog. Also don't do what I did. Accidentally splashing iodophor solution does the finish no favours too. Learnt the hard way there. :(

Warren -

With Monday being my AFD, I thought it was time to clean the celli tap for the first time in 5 months.
To my suprise the tap was clean as a whistle. No stickyness, no black gunk , nothing.
Where are you guys getting all this from? AG?

Back