Cleaning My Celli Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or an exploded view I took to help put it back together (it's an engineer thing).
P1010426.JPG

Also the following link has an neat douvy for squirting hot water up the spout.

What a great day to take off work and clean my Celli taps.

They are nice taps to take apart and clean

and well worth doing a bit of gunk in the spring it took me about an hour to clean four .

Pumpy :)

Its not a bad job is it mate. I take about 1 hour to clean my 4 girls too. Like to do it late at night when the kids have gone to bed and I can spread out and take my time of a couple of beers.

Steve

Its not a bad job is it mate. I take about 1 hour to clean my 4 girls too. Like to do it late at night when the kids have gone to bed and I can spread out and take my time of a couple of beers.

Steve

Steve it makes you wonder how regulary people do clean thier taps and what you might get served in a pub , they must have some cleaning regime if they selling foodstuff ?

Pumpy

What heightened my awareness to the fact they need regular cleaning was the day when that bit of hard dried beer gunk in the spring somehow dropped through the tap into my beer. :eek:

Stood there holding the glass up to the light wondering what the %$#@ it was. :blink:

Now they get stripped down and cleaned around once a fortnight.

Warren -

Steve it makes you wonder how regulary people do clean thier taps and what you might get served in a pub , they must have some cleaning regime if they selling foodstuff ?

Pumpy
The local pub near my work runs a beer line cleaner thru every night and pulls the taps appart weekly. This bloke did say (and it made me laugh) that the VB an New taps were very clean compared with the Coopers and JS beers. Probably because these are beer, ie malt yeast and water.

Steve

Heh heh, if you ever run out of line cleaner, just run a couple of jugs of VB through the system eh? :p

Heh heh, if you ever run out of line cleaner, just run a couple of jugs of VB through the system eh?
Only if you really hated your beer taps.

Get the shirron forward sealing taps and you dont have to worry bout cleaning.

I would like to drive a Morgan not because it is more comfortable, but it has more style than a Camry ;)

Pumpy :)

The local pub near my work runs a beer line cleaner thru every night and pulls the taps appart weekly. This bloke did say (and it made me laugh) that the VB an New taps were very clean compared with the Coopers and JS beers. Probably because these are beer, ie malt yeast and water.

Steve

Every night?? :huh: I worked pubs & bistros for a few years after school. Our regimes (4 different places) was never more than twice a week. The cleaner isnt completely gone in the lines (even with rinsing) and comes out in the first few beers. So we only ever cleaned the lines on a Sunday night and Wednesday night. So the only poor pricks to get 'cleaner beer' were the hardcore pissheads on Monday & Thursday mornings :lol: Things may have changed since then though...

To clean mine I have modified a sauce bottle with a piece of beer line so it squirts up the spout.
img050.jpg
img052.jpg
A very bad phone video is at

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to post a thankyou here to Pumpy for an easy 'how to' thread on cleaning celli taps.

Got mine around Easter last year, and the best clean they have had is an occasional run through with water.

Cleaned this arvo, and the amount of crap that was in them...... :wacko:

Cheers mate

Marlow

Theres not a beer tap that dosn't need cleaning, so don't kid your self.

Wanted to post a thankyou here to Pumpy for an easy 'how to' thread on cleaning celli taps.

Got mine around Easter last year, and the best clean they have had is an occasional run through with water.

Cleaned this arvo, and the amount of crap that was in them...... :wacko:

Cheers mate

Marlow

;) Pumpy

Latest posts

Back