Cleaning caravan water tank

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nullnvoid

Reaction score
Got this old caravan with a water tank that's feral. Tried tank cleaner from a caravan/outdoors place but with no luck.

So I was thinking, sodium percarbonate might do the trick. What disadvantages are there? Is it going to make it stink afterwards? I assume with a good rinse out several times it should be fine.

The only other issue I can think is that I'll need to use hot water to activate the percarbonate which could be a problems set up the hlt next to it perhaps and feed hot water down?

Discuss.

I think you'd be better off with plain old bleach or hydrogen peroxide. I read somewhere about a cup per ten liters (bleach) does the trick for potable water tanks that are a bit suss.
Fill er up, go for a spin to slosh it around, leave overnight then drain and flush. Both are totally water soluble so will leave no residue.
Seems to keep my fermenters infection free. Cant argue with that.

Great, thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a go.

Just need to get rid of all the floaties that have accumulated. Water tastes fine, it's just not pretty looking and when you have a fussy family, they object.

I would psr , pink stain remover , which is what I use to sterilize my fermenter and bottles

Latest posts

Back