Clean Your Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, this thread leads me to ask a question I've been wondering about. I'm considering picking up some kegs. Ill be using a pluto gun that lives inside the fridge.
If your pouring a beer or two most nights, do you have to flush out the lines when your done or does the beer just sit inside the lines and tap? how often do you clean them out? i assume just after each keg.

Cheers.

Yeah you'll be fine if your pouring a beer or two every day, just give it a clean after each keg, and give the spout on the tap a spray with sanitizer each night when you've finished.

doh!!.... I never even thought about pulling apart a disconnect. I clean my taps and lines everytime I finish a keg. Now I will be cleaning the disconnects too. I am assuming the gas ones should be ok if you don't force carb, but what if you do?

Does anyone soak their lines in PBW between beers tho?

Haven't pulled apart taps for a while, hoping PBW does a good job on them too.

These are easy to clean - or buy again for the princely sum of $15.

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

:icon_offtopic: Your fridge looks much more organised than mine, we've got that much crap stuck to it I sometimes have to pull shit off to find the shopping list :lol:

IMG_2307.jpg

:icon_offtopic: How does the minister of war like sharing the fridge with your kegs mate?

Great idea with the bronco's too!

I don't even know how to clean my taps.

any links to instructions?
I flush lines with pink stain remover and then fresh water between every keg.
is that any good?

Umm, I have always cleaned my kegs/line/taps at the same time that I clean my kegs. Running all the cleaning products through the tap makes sure your all good to go with the next batch.

Beers Mick

I gave 2 of my taps a clean on the weekend when changing over some kegs... i was pleasantly surprised at how clean everything was. The taps were near on spotless (Perlick 525SS) probably been about 6months or more since their last clean. The disconnects were also very clean... no gunk like in the photos here. But occasionally i remove and clean one for use on the filter... so they stay clean that way.

The most gunk was in the shank at the connection to the faucet. Just a little bit of yeasty deposit in there... nothing to much to worry about. Quick spray and a scrub with a bottle brush and came out good as new.

Seems the secret is just do a little a time and the whole thing will stay clean.

Latest posts

Back