Cigarette Smoke

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Fermentation Assistant
Reaction score
I have just got home from a night out, and it reminds me of a familiar complaint. I hate coming home smelling like cigarette smoke. Since there is an off-topic forum on these forums, I thought I would gauge your opinion; do you care how you smell after a big night out, and do you care if you stink like cigarettes after being out on the town?

I'm afraid I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke. I refuse to drink where I can't find a smoke free area to enjoy the complex aroma and taste of my chosen tipple.

Joe

What about waking up next morning and finding yourself covered in garlic sauce but have no memory of eating anything? :lol: just drinking beer alnite :chug:

As for smoke, being a smoker, well every day is the same but certainly the next morning the inside of the mouth feeling like the bottom of a cockies cage is pretty unhealthy. <_<

Society dwelling Muther F...er
Jayse

As an ex smoker I love the smell of smoke, as long as it's outside and I can choose to get away from it when I want. I can't wait for venues to be totally smoke free (inside) in a couple of years.

What I find strange now is how much I notice the smoke at some venues after getting used to going out to places where the designated area is outside.

I'm with you not enjoying the smell on my clothes. then again spilt beer on the clothes isn't that attractive either.

On another subject I think smokers are unfairly targeted and taxed. I wonder if anyone has done a study that compares the cost of smoking related illnesses with old age illnesses (assuming that smokers die 5 - 10 years earlier) - just joking, although it would be amusing fight back advertising.

In NSW they morons let it be that you can smoke in one part of the pub...but not the other....doesnt have to be closed off from each other

a kin to 'you can only pee in one end of the pool and not the other'

Hahaha :)
SWMBO smokes and I used to. Can't much stand the smell of it now. Don't mind other people smoking as long as it's down wind

But o/all I'm with PhillS, as long as the beers cold :)

Smoking sucks, and it stunts your growth.

Like, if I had smoked, I would bever have got to 160cm (5'3") tall :D

awrabest, non smoking, non stunted, stu

so if i didnt smoke i would have been taller then 6'3"

but there is no way i whould have been so kewel :)~

I'm 367.5 days off the smoke and presently I find the smell offensive. Varies tho... sometimes I crave the foul stench, other times, it stinks.

WillM said:
On another subject I think smokers are unfairly targeted and taxed. I wonder if anyone has done a study that compares the cost of smoking related illnesses with old age illnesses (assuming that smokers die 5 - 10 years earlier)

I have tried to bypass this thread but find that I, in all honesty, cannot do so.
I wish the Government would increase the tobacco tax by 1000% & if their doing so prevents even one person from departing this planet before their time I will be a happy man.
Not whinging at all & want no sympathy as I did this to myself in my "wild" youth, but I have just been diagnosed with a smoking-related illness 30 years after I gave up the fags. This is bit of an inconvenience as I have a brewery to run & improve, :beerbang: so I say to all of those who still smoke --- GET RID OF THE BLOODY THINGS RIGHT NOW --- & you (and those you love) will be better off for it.
Let's hope this post gets someone thinking.

:beer:

Spelling edit.

Linz said:
In NSW they morons let it be that you can smoke in one part of the pub...but not the other....doesnt have to be closed off from each other

a kin to 'you can only pee in one end of the pool and not the other'
[post="101523"][/post]​

I've quit smoking 8 mths ago but i still only pee in the deep end.

Back