Ciao from Italy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conco

Reaction score
Ciao a tutti!
First of all I immediately apologize to everyone, I do not understand the English language.
So I'm using a translator to be able to write, and I hope that does not translate into bad words
or hurtful words to you, my dear Australian friends.

I am a 44 years old Italian Home Brewer, and I live in the province of Monza. I'm brewing HB since few years and have always been a lover of beer.
In addition to good beer and good wine, I also like to eat well and cook in good company of my friends.
Besides that, the first undisputed passion are the women!

I started homebrew because most of the good beers cost too much; with the same money you can buy excellent wines.
So I started developing this fantastic hobby.
My favorite styles are the Stout, and in general the British ones, but then I have no problems in tasting all styles.

Now you will be wondering why if I do not understand the language i chose to sign-up to this forum?

Eheheh ... you should know that my best friend is an HB too and moved to your country.
And I discovered that he is registered here on your forum as well.

And i chose to sign-up to better follow him.
With my dear friend we already talk each other on a forum for Italian HB called AreaBirra, but I have to check that He would not
mess things up in your area ... eheheh

Together we have made two beers (beer only ;-)).
Basically we brewed two versions of a Oyster Stout, which I am continuing to evolve and improve alone here in Italy.

Do not want to steal you any more time.

I'm going to check that my friend (who currently suffers because he can not make beer) would not mess things up! :D

No joke, he is a true true friend and, even if he's younger than me, he's much much more wise and responsible than me. He's a great man!

And I really hope that he'll find the work and fortune he seeks, although for me it means that I can no longer make beer with him in Italy.
When and if he sees that I joined ... my God .. will take a shot!
Ciaooooo

P.s I hope the translator did not write stupid things ... in case ... sorry

theres a app for iphone written by a fellow countryman of yours.it might help you.or see if you can get a book from john palmer how to brew

the translator worked really well. not bad at all. i'm going to be meeting up with Luigi for a few beers next week too :)

To be honest with you, I cheated a little.
But I was afraid that translator to write bad words ..
Then I asked Italian forum administrator to control what he had translated.
He speaks and writes very well your language, and corrected as soon as a few things, at least for you to understand speech.
But now when I ask, but no more.
So now I'm just using the translator.
Now I depend on a translator, I hope you understand.
I forgot, I produce allgrain since 2009.

@ NewtownClown know that Louis drank beer with you, was very pleased, good beer and not ice.
@ Fletcher are happy, say hello to Louis.

A question.
But in Australia you can bring HB beer in your suitcase?

Onya conco,

If by "HB beer in your suitcase" you mean "Portable kegs" to parties, etc then yes, we can & do.
First of all you would need to be able to keg & dispense your home brew via gas as opposed to normal bottling methods but if you've been doing all-grain since 2009 then you are probably aware of this.
Hmmm! Will have to have a think about this & how to respond to your questions appropriately.
See you soon.

I meant only bring a few bottles of my production, not drums(Keg).
I for now do not use drums(Keg), but only bottles.
If a tourist brings his bottles there are problems?
Under all circumstances thanks to a reply TidalPete.
I have seen your photographs kegerator with 4 adapter .... WOW ... and beautiful!
And your logo ..... spectacular .... congratulations!
My logo in comparison to yours and very ugly, beautiful only has a stout and a woman scantily clad!

P.s My friend still does not know that I be here, on the forum Italian I did not say anything to him ... hahaha

You can bring a few bottles in your suitcase if you are visiting Australia, but not in your cabin luggage.

This thread sorta reminds me of "A Weird Mob" :)

Welcome conco!!

Cheers

Ok, thank you for information Greg.L.
I do not have to take them, but the girl of my friend.
Are only 2 oyster stout, and 1 russian imperial stout.
Since we make a program "airport security" on your customs airports.
I am very strict about food and drink.
Then I was afraid were thrown.
And my beers for me are like my children.
You can not throw the children ... oh my god ... nooooo.
That's why I was wondering.
Thank you.
@ dicko Walter Chiari was a very good Italian actor, he was very crazy, but that thread I've ever seen I think.
On his tombstone cemetery there wrote: "Amici non piangete, è solo sonno arretrato" -"Friends do not cry, it's just lack of sleep."
Now I would like to see the movie.

rico kaboom said:
Ciao CONCO :kooi: .

I' am Italian friend of Conco e Luigi :lol: .
Hello Rico ... ahahahah .... we do a reunion Italian Luigi! :beer:
Is it true that you were using BIAB method already registered here!
Right?
Now only missing the Luis .... and you do not even realize maybe?

Reinforcements arrived!!!!!!!
ahah yes conco is my best HB mate!!He was worried to leave me alone!!!ahahah
Also Conco is on AreaBirra, the Italian HB forum.There are other forum about HB, I don't know if AB is the best one( :ph34r: )but sure is the only one with a member in Australia!! :D

Conco is one of the best HB in Italy!!!he wons some contest, the last one 3 weeks ago with an Oyster stout!!!!

conco...for your question about to bring some bottles..I know already the answer:
DSCN09921.jpg

what you reckon could be inside the packaging???? :D
I haven't post this picture on AreaBirra?)
I broughy with me 6 bottles but unfortunatly I leave them in brisbane....and I will take it on august..

In Italy we don't use to much the kegs(a talk about HB of course) most of us simple bottles. To be honest before to decide to come here I was near to buy a keg..

so now you have 2 crazy Italian HB in the forum!!that are not able to write in english!!!(also to be honest I think that google tranlator is better than me!!)
If you can understand us...we can take fun!!

oh WELCOME CONCO!!!!!!!!!

Hey rico !!!!
Welcome!!!!
ahah this is an invasion!!
BUT don't worry guys
W E C O M E I N P E A C E
maybe only your reserve of beer is in dangerous!!! :chug:

Hahaha .... ciaooooooo Luigi!
I did this so I can better follow your posts without restrictions!
The translator and a disaster, but better than nothing.
I'm very glad you read post!
I think Australian friends will be happy if I do not write much ...
But it seemed right to introduce healthy.
ciaoooooooooooo

Ps for bottles with beer I knew, but I wanted to be 100%

Can you suggest some nice Italian craft brews? I'm headed to Florence and Venice in 3 weeks.

I copy reply that my friend gave to another user Tnt your forum:

You need to taste:

Tipo Pils Birrificio Italiano(means Brewery Brewery) is the best european pils from 3 or 4 years .... (germany is not happy)

Wabi Birrificio Orso Verde is one of my favorite beer and the brewer is friend of mine.

Zest of Birrificio Extraomens

to the beers That You can find of the Birrificio BIDU, Montegioco, Croce di Malto,

Via Emilia Birrificio del ducato

I would add Birrificio Menaresta, the "2 di picche" and very good, but also the other.

And even though on this Toccalmatto he's not very well lately.

I paste below link of where to find brewpub or brewery.
http://www.microbirrifici.org/beer_italy_maps.aspx

I hope you understand and question you have answered correctly.

Best brewery in Italy(for me):
Birrificio Italiano
Montegioco
Orso Verde
BiDu
Menaresta
Croce Di Malto
Foglie D'Erba
Il Ducato
Amiata
Toccalmatto
Birra del Borgo
Extraomnes

unfortunatly I'm not very practice of Venice and Florence, in Florence I know only that there is the brewpub of Mosto Dolce via Nazionale 114/r,Firenze(near to san Lorenzo Area)
I will try to take information in the next days for other place to suggest.

but in Florence you need to have a lunch from OSTERIA DEi PAZZI Via dei Lavatoi, 1, 50122 Firenze, I went there 2 years ago and It's amazing, It isn't an elegant place because it's a real TRATTORIA you can taste real florence dishes no bullshit for tourist and It isn't expensive at all.
you need to taste the RIBOLLITA is a special tuscany soup or PICI ALLE BRICIOLE is a type of homemade pasta. or I ate the POLIPO IN GALERA it's a particular octopus with tomatoes little spicy YUMMI!!

then in florence you need to taste the FIORENTINA it's a special T bone but need to be more than 1kg!!a good cut is 1.2 1.3kg., don't take that from Osteria de Pazzi, I got that at GRATICOLA it is opposite to the mosto dolce pub
100_4664.JPG AMAZING
and in the end you can taste the Lampredotto
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lampredotto

Anyway Florence is my favourite city....

instead I don't know much about venice I went only for 3 days for work so I haven't had too much time for visit it.
the only thing that I can say is to pay attention about the price...most of them are not honest, also if you take a taxi, always ask the price before to jump on...and don't ask to your hostel where u can eat because they will send you to some"friends"that pay them for this...so maybe you will pay more than normal....

anyway I will look for some more information.

Thanks for TNT, I'm impedit ..
Excellent suggestion on Trattoria.
Those are great dishes.
I love Fiorentina.
But you have to get so hungry!
A Fiorentina that respectin must be at least 1 kilogram
Also excellent with Crostini Toscani ii feat.
But in those areas always eat well if you go in the right post.

Spectacular
This one is too small

bistecca-alla-fiorentina.jpg

Latest posts

Back