Choosing A Beer Font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rysa555

Reaction score
Hi all
Have assembled all parts for my home kegerator except for the beer font (and co2 bottle).
I'm looking at a two tap font.
Can anyone recommend a good one at a good price?
I see a few people recommend Andale, who i have contacted and waiting to hear back from.
What other makes and or websites are good to look at?
Cheers

Ebay!!!
If you buy from Andale it will cost a fair bit brand new.

Hi all
Have assembled all parts for my home kegerator except for the beer font (and co2 bottle).
I'm looking at a two tap font.
Can anyone recommend a good one at a good price?
I see a few people recommend Andale, who i have contacted and waiting to hear back from.
What other makes and or websites are good to look at?
Cheers

Check out Lancer Pacific, enquiries for their product are through Craftbrewer..

this one which is the same used on many kegerators looks pretty good at $245. Anyone got these? verdict?

font_double.jpg

Is your kegerator a Kegmate?

If so, Andale and Lancer Pacific fonts will work fine but what you need to know is that those fonts will go down through
the hole on the Kegmate and take up some space so you'll only be able to actually get two 19L kegs in the fridge, not three.

With mine, I can fit a 12L keg in there as the third keg because it fits under the Andale font that I'm using.

Those fonts that Ross sells specifically for the Kegmate don't go down into the fridge, so a third 19L keg can fit.

Edit: Lancer Pacific. Pretty much the same stuff as Andale.
http://www.lancerpacific.com/beer.htm
Oops, CB beat me to it.

i have one of those taps on my kegarator, it does the job

the only problem is the taps can get stiff if you havent used them for a while

i have one of those taps on my kegarator, it does the job

the only problem is the taps can get stiff if you havent used them for a while
That's where forward sealing taps like Ventmatic, Shirron or Perlicks come in handy.

Its a kegerator. Can Ventmatic, Shirron or Perlicks be purchased locally in Melbourne or from the web?
Cheers

Shirron/Ventmatic are dead I think ? Perlick are still available. Check the site sponsor Craftbrewer.

Its a kegerator. Can Ventmatic, Shirron or Perlicks be purchased locally in Melbourne or from the web?
Cheers
As mika said, you can't get the Ventmatic or Shirron taps anymore.

Buggered if I know why since they are so much better than your standard rear sealing tap.

Perlicks are still around. Work the same as the Ventmatic/Shirron, just look a little different.

Ventmatic...
ventmatic1.jpg

Perlick...
perlick.jpg

Its a kegerator.
Kegerator is a generic term.

Is it one of these...
http://www.kegmate.com.au/pictures.html

If so, as I said, an Andale or Lancer Pacific font will go down into the fridge.

Most likely any kind of kegerator will have this little problem.

Edit: Maybe if the font is not flooded and does not have the copper pipes hanging down you may be able to get a 3rd keg in there.
If your not sure what I mean I can take some pictures of the inside of my kegmate so you can see for yourself.

Back