Chest Freezer Collar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannibal Smurf

Reaction score
Making a collar for my chest freezer so I can fit 50L kegs in with the coupler attached. Will be made from doubled up 150mm x 19mm Merbau (Kwilla) with 6mm of expanda foam injected between the two frames. Just threw together a drawing in CAD, busy weekend ahead but will hopefully get it built by Sunday arvo.
Will post some more pics as the build progresses and pics of my chesty later.

edit: don't want bum getting too excited.

collar4.JPG

Will post some more pics as the build progresses and pics of my chest later.
HOT!!!

[EDIT: even if you do end up leaving your shirt on I'm still pretty interested in seeing these pictures later. Mum's got an old chest frezzer floating around her place that I've been thinking about tampering with should I ever start kegging - your plan seems pretty much ideal for what I'm half planning/dreaming.]

Just how are you going to lift a full 50L keg up and over the collar into your keezer?

You haven't seen his chest yet!

[EDIT: even if you do end up leaving your shirt on I'm still pretty interested in seeing these pictures later. Mum's got an old chest frezzer floating around her place that I've been thinking about tampering with should I ever start kegging - your plan seems pretty much ideal for what I'm half planning/dreaming.]
Got the frames cut and glued on the w/e, will do the expanda foam next w/e. Will take and post some pics when I get home tonight.

Just how are you going to lift a full 50L keg up and over the collar into your keezer?
Hadn't thought about that, figured a couple of mates would help for a few coldies...but argon has provided a better idea as quoted below.

You haven't seen his chest yet!
Make sure you keep those pics to yourself mate

fill empty keg while in the freezer
Sounds like the best option to me argon, thanks for the input.

A pic of my collar. Didn't get much done on it this weekend cos I was working on my 3v setup & HERMS unit.

Collar.JPG

Hey Poppa Smurf - glad to see you are getting seriously stuck into it (CS helped me on my very first AG brew day nearly 2 years ago - erm how do you switch this urn thingo on ? :lol: :wacko:)
You ought to zoom up the M1 for a BABBs meeting sometime :icon_cheers:

Back