Chest Freezer - Buyers Guide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

Im currently thinking of swapping my keg fridges over to a single chest freezer. There is a lot of information currently on this forum about chest freezers, but it would be nice to have it all in one place for those looking to buy one.

If people with chest freezers for beer storage and dispensing could post in this thread information like
Brand
Size
Number of kegs that fit in it (with and with out a collar)
Anything else you think is relevant (where you bought it?)
Maybe a photo

Thanks Offline

Brand = Centrex

Size = 200 L

Number of kegs that fit in it (with and with out a collar) = 4 with small collar... 6 with large collar

Anything else you think is relevant (where you bought it?) - Purchased at "The good guys" Kotara (Newcastle NSW). for $385 (9th March 2007)

If you build the collar and attach it using the original mounting holes et you can get away with not voiding the warranty. Also instead of sealing the collar with sealant and using a rubber seal the collar is easily removed.

Maybe a photo

finished.jpg

For more info (especially on how I built the collar) see this thread

Cheers, Pok

Fisher & Paykel
164lt.
4 x kegs or 3x kegs and 1 x Gas.
12v electric fan.
Mashmaster Temp Controller.
Victorian ash collar, and MDF lettering.
MDF tower with hinged ash top.
All painted in hammer finnish, charcoal.

Beerfridge1.jpg

Juddy

F&P.
510lt.
10 kegs.
2 buckets on compressor hump- 1 for font chill water, 1 for drip tray drain.

fridges.JPG

Just needs to be covered in and timber top built.

FROGMAN.

Brand = Centrex

Size = 200 L

Number of kegs that fit in it (with and with out a collar) = 4 with small collar... 6 with large collar

Anything else you think is relevant (where you bought it?) - Purchased at "The good guys" Kotara (Newcastle NSW). for $385 (9th March 2007)

If you build the collar and attach it using the original mounting holes et you can get away with not voiding the warranty. Also instead of sealing the collar with sealant and using a rubber seal the collar is easily removed.

Maybe a photo

View attachment 15266
For more info (especially on how I built the collar) see this thread
Cheers, Pok

Just letting you all know that I have been informed today that Centrex has gone belly up.... that would be why folks on AHB are finding the chest freezers impossible to source.

Info here

Cheers, Pok

good thing i bought a fisher & paykel then.

I asked "The good guys" about the warranty etc and they said they would honour it... at their cost.

So all should be good :)

Pok

I asked "The good guys" about the warranty etc and they said they would honour it... at their cost.

So all should be good :)

Pok

i bought mine last week and when the guy asked me if i wanted to cough for the extra 3 years warranty, told him no thanks as i was about to cut a bloody great hole in the lid the first chance i got.

mmmm font........

Interesting. Cheer's for the info, Pok.

Back