Cheapest Grain In Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcke109

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Would anyone have any suggestions about where to source cheap grain in Brisbane?

I know about Craftbrewer and Brewerschoice - any other suggestions?

Also, how long can I store uncracked grain?

Cheers

cheapest dosen't always mean the best and as grain has a shelf life I would be buying from craftbrewer or hang out for a bulk buy. ;)

Yep, Craftbrewer is the way to go. Last I talked to the Brewers Choice guys they were "thinking" about offering base grain by the sack. Prices were very similar to Craftbrewer if I recall correctly. Not sure about their kilo lot price.

Not sure about the shelf-life, but uncracked should last a fair while (12-18 months?).

Yep, Craftbrewer is the way to go. Last I talked to the Brewers Choice guys they were "thinking" about offering base grain by the sack. Prices were very similar to Craftbrewer if I recall correctly. Not sure about their kilo lot price.

Not sure about the shelf-life, but uncracked should last a fair while (12-18 months?).

+1 for Craftbrewer

Brewers Choice have a much more limited range too, they only supply Joe White and Weyerman, I believe. It's also hard to get any sort of info about their grains, colours, varietal details, etc. Craftbrewer lists this info on their site, so you know what you are buying.

Back