Cheaper white labs?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
CBC also sell white labs pretty cheap, but their service has, in the past, left some room for improvement,
Core Brewing Concepts has Russell working in the warehouse every day now and he's obsessed with getting orders done as quickly as possible, and at $7.50ish per vial they are hard to beat, email and phone details are on the website

No affiliation other than it's my local and I like hanging out there ;)

I've not had the best treatment from emails mate, no biggie foe me, I really only need to buy yeast once every few years :)

I would like to see dates listed on all his, and other retailers products

Agree dates would be awesome, I think he's had a bit of trouble with the website so not sure if it's something he can easily do. The new email address goes straight to Russell and as I said he's pretty switched on, they know they have some ground to make up response time wise.

Sorry for the abbreviations. It was slightly off topic but I was referring to Ross at CraftBrewer with his Wyeast. I guess not really that helpful in a White Labs thread.

Thanks to everyone who has posted. Much appreciated. Cheers

My take on it is that at $10 to $12 for a yeast that I will probably get 3 or 4 brews out of is pretty good. Works out to around 3 bucks a brew. I normally start with a single 18 litre batch for the first pitch then wash and split the yeast. I then get at least 2 more 36 litre brews from the resulting wash. Works out cheaper than dry yeast, which I class as single use yeasts these days.
I only buy the close to out of date yeasts if I plan to use it immediately. Brewing 18 litre batches, I have never worried about a starter, unless its a lager. Always had good results.
Cheers
LB

I wouldn't even bother with yeast. Expecially when u will most like reuse the yeast a few times over. A dollar difference isn't worth worrying about. Have u learnt 2 reuse yeast yet.

Yob said:
And there being 3 options for CB :)
And Connor Breware too!

Back