Cascade Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinveachy

Reaction score
Has anyone struck problems with Cascade kits? The yeast seems as slow as a wet hen & works when it wants to {was tempted to stick a laxette in just to make it work} The first kit I used was choc. mahogony porter which took 21 days the next a lager. Had no intention of using their kits again but tried the porter last week & it tasted pretty good. It's been down @5 1/2 months. On the strength of that last Thurs I put down a lager. It's doing nothing. Temp steady @ 23 degrees O.G. 136.-----------------???????

I had done a few in the past and the porter from memory was the best of them. The yeast never any good and it was reconmended to me to get a better one S04/S05, if memory serves me correct. I also remember reading that the kit yeast threw some sulfury smells, but nothing about fermentation time frames. The only issue i had was the porter kit makes a pretty good amber ale.

I've done the pale ale kit recently, added some extra hops but I didnt use the kit yeast. It's turned out really good so far.

Back