Carbonator Cap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samhighley

Dyslexic beer dog
Reaction score
I'm looking for an easy way of running cleaning solution through my beer lines and taps.

Having a keg filled with cleaning solution is one option, but this involves the cost of a keg, and the need to have a large keg sitting around.

I was thinking about the Carbonator Cap that Ross sells, and was wondering if I could fill a PET bottle with cleaning solution, attach one of these caps and gas, and then connect the appropriate beer disconnect and flush.

So, does the carbonator cap accept a black disconnect (beer), and will this work?

Sam

Morning Sam. I run cleaning solution from an empty keg through the lines and taps and once it's all cleaned then I sanitize the keg and fill with green beer. I think the carb caps accept the gas fitting not the beer fitting, but that's not a problem just attach the grey fitting to the beer line and use the bottle idea to clean your line and tap. Either way it's easy to do.

Hey Sammy, check out this thread on the brewboard.

But I agree with Razz, use a gas disconnect with a john guest fitting and swap the line over.

How about using one of the party kegs made from the plastic spray bottles? You coud put your line cleaner in it.
You could use one pressurised by the pump which comes standard with the sprayer.

How about using one of the party kegs made from the plastic spray bottles? You coud put your line cleaner in it.
You could use one pressurised by the pump which comes standard with the sprayer.

That's also a good idea. I'll contemplate both.

I thought about swapping a gas post onto the beer line (and I already use MFL fittings so it'd be relatively easy to do) but I like the idea of just connecting the beer disconnect straight onto the cleaning line, as this would also clean the disconnect.

Sam

... I could fill a PET bottle with cleaning solution, attach one of these caps and gas, and then connect the appropriate beer disconnect and flush ...
This is exactly what I do. Fill your PET bottle with cleaning solution / whatever, gas pressure (or squeeze) the bottle and connect to your beer line using a gas disconnect. Too easy.

Sounds like the perfect excuse for a party keg. Excellent suggestion gap. Might have to head out and get one myself....

Latest posts

Back