Can I lower abv after fermentation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure you can tell shit from tasting from a primary.

You might be able to taste rabid infection making it undrinkable, but as far as being too bitter or out of ballance, I know I can't.

If I threw out every beer that didn't taste so good from the hydrometer, I wouldnt get to drink many.

Homeopathic lager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

I can definitely tell you that the beer you buy in the pub is "trimmed" to the correct ABV by diluting with de-aerated water. During this process, the Alcohol, IBU, colour, PG, OG, Ph, and anything else you wish to test, will be reduced by an amount dependant on the amount of dilution.

Excessive biterrness will mellow on ageing. Hop flavours often changefuels and dil.If by strong you mean alcoholic tasting, you got high fusels and diluting a litte will only help a little.

Brooa said:
I can definitely tell you that the beer you buy in the pub is "trimmed" to the correct ABV by diluting with de-aerated water. .
Did you mean to say that megaswill is brewed overgravity and then diluted with de-aerated or diahorreated water? :)

Back