Calling Ducatiboy Stu

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lincoln2

Reaction score
Not sure how serious you are about Italian motos but here's what we're restoring in the brewery at the moment: 1974 Ducati 450 Desmo (a.k.a. Silver Shotgun). I've added my glass of dark lager in the foreground to reinforce my brewing cred. More pics to follow.

P.S. Go Turkeys (not sure if you're a Rhino or a Ghost)!

Ducati 020.JPG

Effing gorgeous.

Green frame FTW.

The seat looks like it may be a bit hard on the knackers.
LB

Nice bike. I'd have a few if they weren't made for midgets! I suspect that glass of beer is next to the bike! Those things are tiny!

Can I put my shed-queen here?
2f5b9261-cebe-433e-9e97-efd9c80a4db5_zpscd99ea28.jpg

Hasn't turned a wheel in anger since 2003, and now lives in retirement with all my other decrepit, unridden motorbikes.

This just reminds me how much I miss my duke. I had a Pantah 600sl which coincidentally was the head used by a Sydney bike engineer on a Silver Shot Gun in the early 90's for racing, the updated head apparently added a few extra horseys. The added bonus that other than a bit of jetting there were no mods done the the rest of the motor to accommodate it, so the original head could quite easily replaced. Some thing you might consider in your build!

7mate tonight 7:30.

The Ducati Factory on Ultimate Factories

They could have picked a more interesting bike...

As a community service announcement for Duc owners who don't think the bike's inherently noisy enough and fit open clutches.
This is a mates bike shortly after a jogging pace get off at Sofala in some ******* intersection gravel. Fair to say that was that for his weekend over.
I had the same bike at the time and first thing I did after returning home was order a pair of Oggg Knobs..

Incidentally , the insurance company wrote the bike off due to some frame damage. Seriously.

DSC02636.jpg

DSC02634.jpg

Well, there's your problem.

DSC02640.jpg

Here's my unblemished one for comparative purposes.

DSC02988-1.jpg

Nothing like a bit of gravel to ruin your day.

Insurance companies are the lowest of the low. Got a mate who runs a panel shop. When there not trying to screw him for every cent they are trying to screw the owner.

Had a mate who recently came back from a tour of the Guzzi factory.......*******

Latest posts

Back