C 02 Cylinders

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovemybeer

Reaction score
:beer: can anyone tell me where other than BOC (sydney) to get a co2 cylinder? buy or rent is the better option? will be using a fair bit i'm hoping! thanks for reading

mykegonlegs.com.au and become on of the enlightened

I got a rental from Supagas - I think its pretty much the same deal as BOC. $9/month rental and $40 per gas fill so it costs you about $140 first up for the gas and first year's rent.

If I was looking again I'd definitely think about buying one - eith MKOL or a fire extinguisher. If you are looking at an extinguisher you need a CO2 one, usually they are red with a BLACK band. Search on here for more info.
Soda stream bottles are another good option, again a search will yield plenty of info.

I got a rental from Supagas - I think its pretty much the same deal as BOC. $9/month rental and $40 per gas fill so it costs you about $140 first up for the gas and first year's rent.

If I was looking again I'd definitely think about buying one - eith MKOL or a fire extinguisher. If you are looking at an extinguisher you need a CO2 one, usually they are red with a BLACK band. Search on here for more info.
Soda stream bottles are another good option, again a search will yield plenty of info.

have you seen kegsonlegs site
but your pricing works out cheaper than them i think i will get on from boc thanks :party:

have you seen kegsonlegs site
but your pricing works out cheaper than them i think i will get on from boc thanks :party:

Upfront pricing from MYKEGONLEGS works out to be a little more than places Like BOC or SUPAGAS , but when you consider the average gas bottle lasts you about 5 years thats nearly $600 in rental to BOC for the bottle which you never own, MKOL sell you the bottle for a little over $300 and you own the thing have a 10 year so after 2-3 years youre ahead on what you would be paying out in bottle rental ... the gas is a little bit more exxy but only $5 or so

do your sums long term and you will find its a better deal , but it all comes back to what finances you have at the time ....

NO AFFILIATIONS WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE ... i actually have a BOC bottle , unfortunately MKOL were not about when i got it ....

where bouts you from 'lovemybeer' there is sure to be a HBS near you that could explain how the MKOL system works and the exact costs involved...

Upfront pricing from MYKEGONLEGS works out to be a little more than places Like BOC or SUPAGAS , but when you consider the average gas bottle lasts you about 5 years

5 years!!! You can't be drinking much :)

If a 5kg bottle lasts you 5 years. that's only 1 kg a year which is equivalent to 3 x 330gm sodastream bottles ($39).
This would make sodastream your best option by a mile unless I've stuffed my maths up. :unsure:

cheers Ross

Just to make you all sick I just bought a 20lb cylinder full of gas for $130US, refils are $15 :) nice!

5 years!!! You can't be drinking much :)

If a 5kg bottle lasts you 5 years. that's only 1 kg a year which is equivalent to 3 x 330gm sodastream bottles ($39).
This would make sodastream your best option by a mile unless I've stuffed my maths up. :unsure:

cheers Ross

we cant all have 10 beers on tap at a time Ross , thats how long ive had my bottle and its almost empty, as have a few others i know , im not saying thats a given just an average , im not even sure how big my bottle is , im gonna go have a look right now just for curiosity sake ... will edit post when i get back ...

still dont know the bottle is snuggly fitted between the fridge and the brick wall and aint comin out till its empty as it has to be lifted above the fridge to get it out ...

If I was doing it again I'd go for MKOL or a fire extinguisher. Having a cylinder that you own is definitely good for the long run - unless anyone here plans on giving up beer...?

Got my 5Kg fire extinguisher today' reg fits straight on,very pleased thanks Jeff.

Upfront pricing from MYKEGONLEGS works out to be a little more than places Like BOC or SUPAGAS , but when you consider the average gas bottle lasts you about 5 years thats nearly $600 in rental to BOC for the bottle which you never own, MKOL sell you the bottle for a little over $300 and you own the thing have a 10 year so after 2-3 years youre ahead on what you would be paying out in bottle rental ... the gas is a little bit more exxy but only $5 or so

do your sums long term and you will find its a better deal , but it all comes back to what finances you have at the time ....
NO AFFILIATIONS WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE ... i actually have a BOC bottle , unfortunately MKOL were not about when i got it ....
where bouts you from 'lovemybeer' there is sure to be a HBS near you that could explain how the MKOL system works and the exact costs involved...

yes thanks mate im in western sydney and did not really think about the long run and yes i'll be buying one one friday as the beer will be finally flowing :beer: :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back