Burgers....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ash2 said:
Bit of tomato relish their,got a recipe for that
Post #29 for the burger.
The relish is out of a jar, I also add a little bit of Nando's extra hot peri-peri.

I add a bit of curry powder to my burger mince. Ads a nice touch

And the vegie burgers are made from 100% vegetable matter that has been scientifically modified by cows

Just a quick job:

IMG_2268_zps79e2b3ad.jpg

From the bottom up: Bun, dijon mustard, salad, tomato, mayo, patty, cheese, slightly toasted onion, ketchup, dijon, bun.

IMG_2269_zps8865c62a.jpg

OzPaleAle said:
All you heathens, eating those poor animals.

Just eat stick n grass burgers like me.
Veggie burgers today.
Tasted great but mushy as shit. I need to work on this one.
9373186131_0674b7d7a7_c.jpg

9375958604_2ff1286f69_c.jpg

Looks Good, probably not a bad way to spend a saturday lunch, burger with a bit of your Galaxy Pale Ale.

Good vege burgers are hard to find. That looks pretty scrumptious. Just brainstorming here, but an option could be to coat in flour and fry the pattie in an inch of oil to form a crust?

Ducatiboy stu said:
Are these any good.......heard lots about them..there some sort of Scottish burger
Yes, I heard they are very tasty and I believe they look just like that when you buy them.

That sauce looks especially special also...

We shouldn't mock...they'll be the the only 'food' available which isn't spoiled once the zombie apocalypse hits.

Liam_snorkel said:
Good vege burgers are hard to find. That looks pretty scrumptious. Just brainstorming here, but an option could be to coat in flour and fry the pattie in an inch of oil to form a crust?
Yes, the taste was great and very filling but the texture let them down.
I was thinking of baking them in the oven to see if they are a bit firmer.

They were made with chick peas, carrot, sweet potato, onion, capsicum, brocolli, celery, mushrooms, bread crumbs and besan. Plus spices.

The veg and peas were chopped in the blender but not mushed.
The mixture was too liquid, I think I'll try adding more besan and some brown rice next time, Maybe leave out the mushrooms as they release more. liquid when they are cooked

Ducatiboy stu said:
Are these any good.......heard lots about them..there some sort of Scottish burger

big-mac.jpg
Had one of those once ,seemed to sit in my stomach for hours,but it finally passed through the system.I read that without the green thing in the second layer it would have to be classed as a desert instead of a burger because of the sugar content. :lol:

going down a hill said:
The one leaf salad looks like a beetroot leaf to me.
Clever GDaH. Well spotted.

Edit for PS...

How do you tell if someone is a vegan?

Don't worry, they'll tell you.

Ducatiboy stu said:

big-mac.jpg
Not quite as hip as the new Angus burger though Stu.

" You've been eating it since the 1830's but now that we've named the breed we can charge you twice as much." Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. Farkin gimmicks.

Yeah....the whole angus thing is bullshit narketing...a lot of the meat we have been eating for decades is angus or angus x . Sucked in you city hipsters

Ducatiboy stu said:
Yeah....the whole angus thing is bullshit narketing...a lot of the meat we have been eating for decades is angus or angus x . Sucked in you city hipsters
Not quite true stu. Would you like me to continue with dates and times?

Back