Burgers....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just made these beef patties Absolutely Delicious! Gf just said 'best burgers I've ever had! Seriously!'

Cheers bad seed! :)

Glad you liked them, I got the recipe from a burger recipe book years ago.

If i'd known you were going to make them I'd have given you more details in the recipe.

ash2 said:
Steak is my favourite animal :)
Reminds me of when the kids were younger,

What noise does a cow make .............tschhhhhhh

What noise does a pig make...............tschhhhhhh

What noise does a sheep make..........tschhhhhhh

What noise does anything make as it hits the barbeque .............tschhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :lol:

Burger looks the goods. I love the knife holder too. A mates missus has the same one in her kitchen and I feel for him every time I see it. She was also a state kick boxing champ so I understand why it's still there.

Sweet! Love some more details :)

BadSeed said:
Glad you liked them, I got the recipe from a burger recipe book years ago.

If i'd known you were going to make them I'd have given you more details in the recipe.

for those who love a good burger, you have to try these grilled on a BBQ grill plate and assembled to your liking.

Coles Burgers Angus Beef 500g
$6.50
$13.00 per kg

Disclaimer information

Coles Online aims to include in the product list up to date pictures of the products and accurate ingredient, nutritional information and other information. However, Coles Online does not guarantee the accuracy of the information contained in the picture or product description. When precise information is important, we recommend that you read the label on the products you purchase or contact the manufacturer of the product.

I have no affiliation with Coles, but I will be rioting when they stop selling these Heroin patties. So delicious, so very delicious.

You have been warned.

Cheers,
D80

Vegieburger......um...is that a word....

Bloody vegans......like hipsters......

Well at least in means more fantastic meat for us real men & women

lael said:
Sweet! Love some more details :)
Ok, from my own personal post-it note....

As I said, not my recipe but based on one I got from an old book. There are heaps of similar ones around on the web.

500g Beef mince
1/2 onion
1/3 of a red capsicum
1 slice of bread (I use a frozen crust or even a crushed weetbix)
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 Heaped Tbsp grated parmesan cheese.
Pinch of nutmeg
1 Small egg
salt

Blitz the bread in a food procesor until it's crumbs and put it in a bowl with the mince.

Finely chop the onion and capsicum, as small as you can get it. I use the fod precessor for this too as my kids won't eat it if they suspect vegetables have been used.

Beat the egg.

Add everything together and mix it well for about 5 minutes untill everything is blended.
Shape into burgers and put in the fridge for about 1/2 an hour. Cook on barbie.

Cut bread rolls in half and spread with butter/marg.
Put mayo on the bottom half then leaves on top of that (lettuce, mixed leaf salad, anything) this serves a couple of purposes.
1. The green shit helps your digestion process
2. Stops the bread becoming soggy

Insert the burger. Put sliced red onion/tomato/beetroot etc on top.
Put on sauce of your choice or relish etc.

Slam it down your filthy neck.

OzPaleAle said:
All you heathens, eating those poor animals.

Just eat stick n grass burgers like me.
Omnivores are heathens? How close to a neopaganism can you get than vegetarianism?
Why do vegetarians feel the need to proselytise?
You do know most beer contain animal products, don't you?

NewtownClown said:
Omnivores are heathens? How close to a neopaganism can you get than vegetarianism?
Why do vegetarians feel the need to proselytise?
You do know most beer contain animal products, don't you?
Twas a joke mate, thought that was pretty obvious. I couldn't care less what other people choose to eat.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Vegieburger......um...is that a word....

Bloody vegans......like hipsters......

Well at least in means more fantastic meat for us real men & women
I guess a "word" is just something to convey a message, If I say "Vegieburger" to someone I'm guessing they know what I mean, therefore its a word.

Funnily enough I did pick that book up in Portland Oregon, Basically Hipster Central.

BadSeed said:
Ok, from my own personal post-it note....

As I said, not my recipe but based on one I got from an old book. There are heaps of similar ones around on the web.

500g Beef mince
1/2 onion
1/3 of a red capsicum
1 slice of bread (I use a frozen crust or even a crushed weetbix)
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 Heaped Tbsp grated parmesan cheese.
Pinch of nutmeg
1 Small egg
salt

Blitz the bread in a food procesor until it's crumbs and put it in a bowl with the mince.

Finely chop the onion and capsicum, as small as you can get it. I use the fod precessor for this too as my kids won't eat it if they suspect vegetables have been used.

Beat the egg.

Add everything together and mix it well for about 5 minutes untill everything is blended.
Shape into burgers and put in the fridge for about 1/2 an hour. Cook on barbie.

Cut bread rolls in half and spread with butter/marg.
Put mayo on the bottom half then leaves on top of that (lettuce, mixed leaf salad, anything) this serves a couple of purposes.
1. The green shit helps your digestion process
2. Stops the bread becoming soggy

Insert the burger. Put sliced red onion/tomato/beetroot etc on top.
Put on sauce of your choice or relish etc.

Slam it down your filthy neck.

Brilliant! Thanks!

..and a diet coke please.
9274143552_f7519097e6_c.jpg

I've recently gotten into making burgers too. I think burgers are not meatballs so I like to keep it simple.

Good beef mince, Limousin breed is very tasty. Without mixing the mince too much I season with plenty of black pepper, form 150g patties, then just before frying them I season generously with some more pepper and salt on both sides.

(I forget about burgers if I can't get proper beef and cook meatballs instead: 50% pork mince/50% beef, 400g total, 1 egg, 2 tsp salt, softened 1 chopped onion, 5 tbsp wheat flour, 1/4 tsp allspice. Mix it all well, form meatballs, roll them in some more wheat flour and fry in butter.)

Yum. Beetroot makes a burger. You can beat an egg but you can't beat a root.

Back