Broo Premium Lager - New In The Bottlo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piraterum

Reaction score
I picked up a six pack of Broo Premium Lager from a 1st Choice bottlo the other day....

I find it to be quite boring, bit of malt flavour but I prefer a Lager with a stronger malt and hop flavour.

Anyone else tried it? Seen it on tap? Head office appears to be in Sorrento Vic

This evening I spotted Broo in the fridge at my local 1st Choice, I picked up one bottle, cracked the lid off when I got home, took a mouth full, then tipped the rest down the sink.... fair dinkum it was crap. Truthfully it tasted stale.

Got to feel for the guy, he's trying to make a living, but either his beer is not as good as he thinks, or it's being handled poorly by distributor/retailer, not sure what the issue is.

That's my observation/experience.

Cheers
Carboy :icon_cheers:

It's a shame that their trying to market the product as a premium lager style beer, when really the bottle lable design and the beer itself are in fact rather bland. I'm all for supporting small Aussie companies trying to make a beer product that stands out above the rest. Especially someone from a location where I grew up. But, unfortunatly, it doesn't.

I don't know about wanting to support them...
We treat our beer like beer, it's what beer was before all the tossers tried to treat it like wine.

Glad it's not just me. Tried one the other week (only bought 1 because I skeptical of "premium lagers") and honestly thought they'd brewed it with roo piss. Rank :( I do like the logo though :p

I think it is funny that a small operator would try to make a product destined to compete with the giants of bland lager, while big brewers like Fosters try to make big batches of beer like Fat Yak, pretending that it came out of a garage.

Latest posts

Back