Broken Hop Bag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flamebird

Reaction score
G'day all,

This is my third brew and the first two have been absolutely delicious and I'm already receiving requests (or demands) from friends/family for more beer!

Anyway, I had a hop bag break in the fermenter just before I pitched the yeast. The bag is removed but it spilled about half of its contents into the fermenter. Is this going to cause me any problems at all?

Cheers

G'day all,

This is my third brew and the first two have been absolutely delicious and I'm already receiving requests (or demands) from friends/family for more beer!

Anyway, I had a hop bag break in the fermenter just before I pitched the yeast. The bag is removed but it spilled about half of its contents into the fermenter. Is this going to cause me any problems at all?

Cheers

No :)

No problem at all, relax and have a home brew, as they say :)

Most will settle out to the bottom with the trub, and some will stay on the surface making a ring on the krausen on the inside of the fermenter, either way it does its job and causes no dramas.

It happened to me also about my 3rd brew, and I was a panicky but was assured, as you, are there is no ill effect Cheerz Wab

Ah, that makes me feel better :) I wasn't looking forward to the prospect of throwing an entire batch away!

Thanks folks! Appreciate the advice :) :)

No + 3. Could be a good thing if you were after a nice hoppy aroma. Just brewed a batch and poured the hops (in a hop bag) into the fermenter, all through primary.

Latest posts

Back