Brissie is up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grantb

Reaction score
Hi

Just joined & thought I'd say g'day.

Been brewing for a couple months now and have really rekindled my passion for beer! Homebrew was always something that I'd wanted to try, but never got round to it. Well, it all started with a Mr Beer xmas pressie...

Did a couple extract brews and was completely hooked! Went straight out and bought decent size fermenters. Have done 4 now using fresh wort kits now and can't stop. Ordered keg kit today, and have already started collecting bits and pieces for a 3v HERMS.

Can anyone tell me whether a sparky can run a dedicated 30A line off a single phase power supply in aus? I've enquired about 3 phase, but apparently houses attached via overhead lines have an 80A supply. Was going to go gas for my HERMS but consensus is that electric is much cheaper and easier to control.

Anyway, that might be a question for another forum.

Cheers

Yes mate. I have a dedicated 32A circuit for my brewery. My house has a 63A feed. No problems, as long as I'm not boiling the kitchen kettle, making toast, running my whole stovetop, and pulling full power in the brewery.

PM if you want more info!

Cheers

Back