Brisbane Autumn 2013 Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scottc1178 said:
might gate crash for a beer or two at tipplers soonish...
And so you did. :)
I have a memory brown-out after the German Club, maybe we went to the Brewhouse?

Hehe, yep. My memory is hazy after arriving at brewhouse! A slightly larger afternoon than I intended!
Good times!

This is something to show for all the money expended.
xx.JPG
Emptied glass of XX Bitter @ le Scratch

Any of you crawlers happen to try a Simmer Down Brown?

Liam and I rocked up to the German club and line was out along the footpath. pfffffttt.

Jumped back in cab and went back to archive (i think.....)

Got home around 10:30.

Awesome day and great to put some faces to names.

I swear I can still taste that randell'd beer from Green Beacon!!

Green Beacon pale ale with the randal in the background (green tube thingy) with about 300 grams of hops in the clear cylinder on top. :icon_drool2: :beerbang:
1-randal.png

Tipplers - umm remains of some beery tasting stuff. oh wait, that was the IPA, but I can't remember any other details.
2-tipplers.png

2 handsome gents at Scratch
3-scratch.png

I'm trying to recreate my memory of the day.
Tipplers Tap, bloody good wings.
tipplers.JPG
Embassy
embassy.JPG
Scratch, good as always.
scratch1.JPG
German club (before we got chucked out into the rain)
german1.JPG
Brewhouse, I think..
brewhouse.JPG

Did anyone go to that party?
Hmm, the upgrade doesn't like multiple images

arm.JPG
Oh, and much arm wrestling occured for no apparent reason.

Was indeed a fun day, thoroughly enjoyed myself. Arm wresting.... My arm is killing me today, but my head is pretty good.

And big thumbs up to Winkles "hogshead brewery" shirt - was all class

Nice to meet everyone. Thanks for posting the photos Winkle et al. Good to have some evidence.

Sean

Thanks to all who were there, it was great day/night. Look forward to the next one.

Sorry brothers for not making the crawl . Hope you all had a good beer or four !! Wish we could of made it to meet up ,
but at least now we have a new kitchen , don't know how my once in a life time annual kitchen makeover flat pack festival ended up clashing with the crawl but it did (swmbo cackling in background)
Cheers image.jpg

Edit ; yes it is one if those side ways ones , need Velcro kettle and that

Sick and sorry this morning, but a dubbel dose of sleep, watching a Batman movie with blue cheese and some p-lambics sure helps.PLAMBIC.JPG

What are these p-lambics you talk of Mr Wayne?

Ps have you noticed the sub adds between posts or is it just me ???

Its great to feel a bit more human again today. Yesterday was a very slow day.

Aydos and I went to the party. Just what we needed, a solid 5 hr session after leaving The German Club..

All in all it was a great day out. Looking forward to the next one.

I had a great day and a great night at the party with Mark. Some very nice drinks were had on the crawl and great company to go with it. Thanks for a good day.

Mark thanks for accompanying me to the party, it ended up capping off a great day!

So, is the two-yearly scheduling designed to allow sufficient liver/wallet recuperation?

LIke the idea, but three factors come into play here....dollar factor; SWMA: and this body simply incapable of handling the quantities of piss it once was able to. I'd be keen to come along for a half days outing though, always enjoyable catching up with blokes met at case swaps..

Latest posts

Back