Bribie G's Operation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I had a wicked itchy lump on my back, scratched it a few times then forgot about it. Two weeks ago I scratched then sniffed my finger and it smelt like sweaty socks. Forgot about it. Last week, huge itching and it smelt like doggy doo, so I realised it was melanoma with ulcerative necrosis, and I was dead.

Went to doc yesterday and he said it's a sebaceous cyst. Never heard of it. Benign. So got it cut out today. (not my pics but the same thing)

Heaps of stitches and a big plaster on my back now. Fucken thing in the sample jar looked like the size of an olive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heaps of stitches and a big plaster on my back now. Fucken thing in the sample jar looked like the size of an olive.

Phttt! Mine's bigger than yours Bribie. :lol:
First person in Australia to survive a pheochromosytoma tumour (benign) the size of a clenched fist sitting on my right kidney & now residing in the Brissy General medical museum.
Must compare your cut with the recent scar on my leg from the removal of a yet-to-be-identified lump found last month. 10 stitches worth which matches nicely with the scar from my first melanoma removed last year.
Old buggers just love rabbiting on about their aches & pains. :lol: :beer: This thread IS definitely destined to be short & sweet. :p

TP

Lucky the kidney tumour was in the days before the Blie government or you'd still be waiting to see the doctor. Roll on 2012 yay.

I thought you would have insisted they put it in a voile bag first!! :icon_cheers: .

Take care mate, get well!!!!

nice.

the scars i have are from model making. cutting balsa wood on my left index finger, cutting a plastic body out of the holder on my right leg. then having my hand cuaght between a jack and a car........

Check out this splinter I just got, hurts like a frickin bitch!!

splinter.jpg

Make sure you keep your wound clean Bribie, I had a mole cut of my back and ended up with a bad infection that took 4 weeks to heal.

I've had a few lumps cut out over the years. All turned out benign....

And if we want to discuss scars :p

IMG093.jpg

Went to doc yesterday and he said it's a sebaceous cyst. Never heard of it. Benign. So got it cut out today.

Yeah, had one removed before. Pretty much as you describe. Was explained to me as a sweat gland gone rogue. They can get a bit blocked up and then if you can't drain em they get big round and infected, so out comes the knife.

Make sure you keep your wound clean Bribie, I had a mole cut of my back and ended up with a bad infection that took 4 weeks to heal.

It's ok, he's using starsan on it ;)

... while I type that as a joke part of me thinks it's not that far from the truth

Back