"brewstands - Where Are They Now?"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linz

Reaction score
To rip some elses Idea off

Mine went from this

To this

Picture_011.jpg

fullside4web1.JPG

Linz,

your new brewstand inspired me to show what is happening at this brewery. A couple of months ago we aquired a couple of industrial strength stainless steel racks that were surplus from a kitchen supply warehouse. So we've been building a couple of rigs.

165_6530.JPG

A work in progress ...

cheers, Arnie

Arnie.

I sense something big happening here. :)

How long before the completion of "Son of Hermann"? :unsure:

Warren -

Hi Warren,

I've had the last week off, so some good progress on HERMAN (next generation) and HERMLET (son of HERMAN).

Most of the physical infrastructure is now complete, along with the design principles pretty much sorted. Because we have a working HERMAN (actually brewing his second beer for the day as I type), this project is coming along slow and steady, making sure we work out the fine details before we commit ourselves too much.

So we are just beginning to do some power wiring, install circuit breakers etc. We seem to spend more time in shops buying bits n pieces than we do putting things together ...

The control electronics is the bit we have not yet sorted. It is a significant upgrade on the current system, so it will take a while. We are just working out control panel layouts, but have not put together any acutal circuits yet.

So how far away .... Depends on how much beer we need to taste in between to make sure we don't lose motivation!!!

I reckon about mid-year before the big unveiling. And then HERMAN will become two machines! :chug:

I'll post some updated pics when I download them off the camera, but our Belgian Wit is now calling out for us to load the automatic hop dropper :super:

cheers, Arnie

Ive decided mine is going to get another refit......

The small footprint was fine, but the bending is killing me slowly

So soon it'll be V3 for me..

Back