Brewing Software

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to be honest i didnt get PM to start with.....but i didnt get wondo$$ either

Promash,,promash,promash i do know a micro in sa that uses promash and i think in the usa a lot of micros use promash plus it has micro brew settings in i think ?????

Jazman said:
Promash,,promash,promash i do a micro in sa that uses promash and i think in the usa a lot of micros use promash plus it has micro brew settings in i think ?????
[post="70719"][/post]​

And is purchased from a brewery :)

nonicman said:
Jazman said:
Promash,,promash,promash i do a micro in sa that uses promash and i think in the usa a lot of micros use promash plus it has micro brew settings in i think ?????
[post="70719"][/post]​

And is purchased from a brewery :)
[post="70724"][/post]​
At least just for a second I can be Neutral in this one as I own both Promash and BeerSmith. I said for a second. I prefer BeerSmith...

:chug:
PeterS....

They bioth confuse the hell out of me so I am going to break the mold and say stuff software.
Just chuck it all in and hope for the best. :blink:

I have both (mainly because I wrote a script that can convert Promash recipes to BeerXML that is supported by Beersmith).
However my favourite is Promash. I've used it so much I can practically use it blind.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
However my favourite is Promash. I've used it so much I can practically use it blind.

Beers,
Doc
[post="70730"][/post]​

yeah i use my computer drunk too

:super: If you want to make good beer you MUST use Promash :super:

another VERY happy promash user

Beersmith looks like its for those who MS Outlook ALOT!!

I'm another fence sitter. I purchased both. I like features of both and swap between them both regularly. I have also started to play with Brewsta which is a very good and free application(as in open source and cost).

Linz said:
another VERY happy promash user

Beersmith looks like its for those who MS Outlook ALOT!!
[post="70765"][/post]​

I tend to agree with Linz.

Pro - Mash, the name says it all.

Cheers

I trialled both, and for my purposes, found very little difference between the two.

In the end I went with Beersmith - but then - I do use MS Outlook too :eek:

I found beersmith was just a teeney bit more intuitive to use and setup in the short time available to trial.

I think that in the end, whichever you get between the two, both will work fine for you.

edit: typo

Since it seems the votes are running about even for the two, I would download and try both BeerSmith and ProMash. They both have trial periods, so use them side by side for a few brews and see which one you like best.

Darren said:
:super: If you want to make good beer you MUST use Promash :super:
[post="70756"][/post]​

wow...might get myself promash then if i use this program i can chuck in old/bad ingredients and promash will turn it into good beer. :blink: :D

seriously though as already suggested trial both and this way you will decide what suits you and your system best.

cheers
big d

i always liked strangebrew, nice and easy to set up mashes etc but due to bugga all people using it ended up with promash

I think Drew is making Strangebrew open source. Check it out on sourceforge.net while you are downloading Brewsta :)

I am kind of attached to Brewsta because I basically write stuff that I want to use. That can be a pain in the arse for others but personally, I reckon the user interface of Promash is a little daunting.

Batz Yesterday, 06:34 PM Post #15

Batz Brewery

Beersmith

Your not a true brew till you own Beersmith

Batz

No way Batz, Beersmith only makes you half a brewer, you need a March pump to become a true brewer :lol: .

I have both but I use Beersmith as it is easier to use and the brewsheet printout has everything on ONE page for brewing on brewday. But promash rocks as well.

Andrew

Latest posts

Back