Brewing Software For Mac Os X

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barndillo

Reaction score
Howdy brewers,

Does anybody know if there is any software out there for Mac users. And if there is a variety, which one is best?

Beers,
Tom :)

Beertools produce a package for Mac OSX. They also have a web based version running. One is free although limited, the other costs a little but comes with all the fruit. I use the free one as I am still a beginner with the all grain and find it quick and simple to create a recipe.

http://www.beertools.com/

I'm one of the beta testers for Beer Alchemy and the upgrades are awesome. I'm not sure what Aaron means by rough around the edges? I think it rocks!

BeerTools Pro.

The only real problem is that they don't have a trial period so that you can try-before-you-buy. Its not really expensive though.

Good for recipes but not quite so good for brew sessions. I usually print out the recipe and scribble notes on it during brew day. Supposedly the next version will address some of these issues.

gary

Beertools produce a package for Mac OSX.

I wish they would release a demo for that so I could check it out. I'm just not willing to had over the cash without having a chance to play with it first. A solution that runs on OSX and with a Linux version to come soon would suit me.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I will check out Beer Alchemy :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back