Brewing Software For Automation Freaks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwickel

Keg Drainer
Reaction score
gday mates,

friend of mine has translated our brewing software also in english.
If someone is interested in applying it, feel free to download.

http://www.elcom-mayer.de/bier/brewingsoft.exe

although the documentatation is not yet done in english and there are still some german expressions in, I think one can use it already, the program is selfexplaining.

Basically its just a temp controller with ramp functions using a Dallas temp sensor at the serial port and a relaiscard (one may build by themselves) at the parallel port.

Before Im going into explanations, Id like to know if there is anyone interested in at all.

If so, Im going to write some documentation and provide some support.

Cheers :beer:

i think you've dropped a chip between a flock of seagulls Zwickel :)

Seems there's a big automation/it crowd on here.

+1 for interest

yep, should of checked the date on that one.

@randyrob,

the programm should be installed into the folder "* :\Brausoftware_PCM", thats very important.

If you gonna start the brausoftware.exe from download and get asked about the place to be installed, just type in the letter of the drive youd like it to be, for example: C:\ or D:\
It will unwrap itself into :\Brausoftware_PCM

then go to this folder and start "Brauanlage_37.exe"

the program should run now.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

A new version with a new setup is already released. Zwickel, I'll send it to you so you can update your server.

Thomas fixed some small bugs I think and I've redone the setup und simplified it a bit more.

Alex

EDIT: Here it is: View attachment Setup_3.7.zip

EDIT 2: The errors described by rob are known and there was something to fix it. but I have to be honest, I have forgotten how. I'll work it out. BTW: Sometimes a corrupted MS Office was the reason for the memory error. MS Forms 2.0?

EDIT 3: This is the post a mate placed in our German forum:

install
VB 6.0

check if files MSCOMCTL.OLX, COMDLG32.OCX, MSSTDFMT.DLL und FM20.DLL are reg. in WINDOWSsystem
if not = register

install active X controll pad
you will find it
here

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms968493.aspx<
install

if your system still claims one of the above files
you have to unregister and reregister thoose files once again.

important:
not just delete and copy
it's need of a special reg procedure
how to
you can find
here

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/suppo...me=COMDLG32.OCX

thats all folks
happy brewing

Gubben Petterson

Is something like this available for linux? I've seen a few threads about it, but I can't find one source that takes you through the whole thing.

Cheers,

Jon

install active X controll pad

Hey Guys,

thanks for the help looks like all i needed was the active x control pad, all working now :D

WOW it appears to be pretty powerfull software!

i'm impressed by your german's, your only legally allowed to brew 200L a year yet you manage to come up with this :lol:

i'm going to scrap the frontend i was working on and give this a shot

Many Thanks Rob.

Is something like this available for linux? I've seen a few threads about it, but I can't find one source that takes you through the whole thing.

Not that I know of. The software itself is actually the easy part.

Everyone has different hardware and different ideas on how the process should run.

I'm prepared to share the brewbot source code with anyone that is interested. Probably would not be that hard to port it to run under linux.

I was also considering offering some clones of the brewbot hardware for sale. One piece of electronics to automate a complete herms system. Dunno if it's worth my time, or how much interest there would be in it however.

thanks for the help looks like all i needed was the active x control pad, all working now :D

WOW it appears to be pretty powerfull software!

i'm impressed by your german's, your only legally allowed to brew 200L a year yet you manage to come up with this :lol:

Well, great that it's working now! I really love the software. Now I can do so many things while my laptop is brewing for me ;)

The 200L are not quite correct. We can brew as much as we want to. The only thing there is that if we brew more than 200L per year we have to pay a few Euros tax depending on the amount of beer and its OG.

Alex

Alex, did you pay your beer tax already for this year? :lol:

another hint: the recipes (*.rez) should stand in the main folder, dont put em in an extra folder, the program will not work properly otherwise.

Alex, did you pay your beer tax already for this year? :lol:

Ha ha ha. I even didn't calculate it yet. I think I missed the 200L goal by 1.54L! So no tax this year. ;)
On the other hand: the tax will not be collected as long it is less than 5.

Alex

G'day

I'm just having a go at this software but when ever I try to enter something in the parameters, specificly the no. of steps or the temperature I get "Message No.14/15 : Wrong Value !!! Allowed are values between". Any suggestions?

Hi Flipper,
the software was written for notebooks, so the block of numbers on the right side of your keyboard wont work, you have to use the upper line of numbers.

I know, its a bit confusing.

Hi Zwickel and Alex,

I have been trying to get the software working today also but I've had a few problems.

Here is an attachment showing what is happening:

View attachment brewsoftware_error.doc

This only occurs when the sensor is connected. Otherwise the software opens ok. The sensor does work though, I have used the digitemp software in dos to get temp measurements and it works fine.

Any tips?

Cheers,

JS

Hi JS,

Did you change the configuration file? there is something wrong with the configuration file "Brauanlage.cfg". You should find this file in the main folder of the brewing software.
Just download it again and replace it.

Cheers

Zwickel, i just read your sig for the first time and lol'ed.

Once i get myself organised next year i'll be looking for a less-hassle brewday option :) Other than that im completely off topic...

Latest posts

Back