Brewery Workers Take Bosses Hostage After Layoffs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kook

Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/business/breaking-n...r-1225817337819

Brewery workers take bosses hostage after layoffs
WORKERS at an Anheuser-Busch InBev brewery in eastern Belgium have taken their bosses hostage after an announcement of layoffs at the world's biggest brewer, local media reports.
"We are demanding that the (company's) senior managers come here and call off the layoffs,'' Marc Devenne, a union representative was quoted as saying by the Belga news agency.

RTBF radio reported that about 10 managers at the plant were being held in a meeting room in an office building located next to the plant.

Anheuser-Busch InBev announced yesterday a tenth of the company's 3000 employees in Belgium will be laid off due to declining beer consumption in the country.

You only have to wonder if this is the start, I was no fan of InBev to begin with, but with the AB merger you have to wonder whether even more beers will be dropped from the range.

Trouble has been brewing for a while. Or is that Brewing has been trouble for a while.

"Nobody move, or Stella gets it!"

We'll stab the knife InBev.

Sounds like they need Oompa Loompa's

OompaLoompa.jpg

Seriously though aren't recessions meant to be boom times for breweries? I can only guess it's a thinly veilled GFC excuse to down size the workforce. Seems to be a fair bit of that going around lately.

Chap Chap

I wish we did industrial action like this at my workplace.

Latest posts

Back