Brewery build?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azzwa

Reaction score
Hi all been doing biab for about a year now and looking for the next step. Just after suggestions on what setup to build. I use a consealed crown urn so would like to incorporate that into the build. Would like to keep it simple and do double batches any ideas would be good. Cheers

go to a couple of brew days with other members with differing systems, see what you like, build it! :D

azzwa said:
Hi all been doing biab for about a year now and looking for the next step. Just after suggestions on what setup to build. I use a consealed crown urn so would like to incorporate that into the build. Would like to keep it simple and do double batches any ideas would be good. Cheers
I'm on a similar preliminary 3v setup planning stage mate. I've had my 40l urn BIAB'ing for around 2years and its time to hit the next level. If/when you decide to take the leap i'd be interested to see how your build plans eventuate. :icon_cheers:

That urn would make a nice HLT.

Get a 40L or bigger esky as a mash tun and a 50lt or bigger boiler.

Dont need an expensive or thick esky either, just a KMart special. I used a cheap Willow for years which was about 1cm thick - wouldnt drop a degree over an hour mash.

I've got a nice thick Keep Cold now and it has much greater heat soak, strike water needs to be about 5 degree hotter and takes more boiling water for infusion step mashing.

Think Willow do a cheap 44lt rectangular esky, but bigger would be better.

Back