Brewers Personalised Number Plates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why is it so expensive guys?

i got "ROBZ" plates for a one off fee of $250!

No idea Rob, but here in Queensland we have to go through PPQ :(

From the FAQ on the PPQ site .

Personalised plates are a lot of fun, but they also have a serious benefit. In fact proceeds from every set of personalised plates are directed to the Road Safety Action Fund, a trust fund administered by Queensland Transport which helps pay for a range of road safety initiatives and public education programs. For further information on road safety, visit roadsafety.qld.gov.au.

Sounds like the standard CR*P from some spinoff government agency..

There sure is an imbalance between Qld's plate prices and the rest of the country by the look of the rest of the posts here..

:beer:

Man Qld is expensive. for a plate with just letters here is $950 which I think is pretty $$.

see www.tasplates.com for our system, at least it is a once off fee, I assume you can keep the plate when you change vehicles, maybe thats another $950, and can I sell the plates???

edit - looks like I can sell the plates, although they still belong to the govt

vic and qld i believe are one off initial fees that are quite high but nsw has a cheap fee up front an a high yearly fee ongoing vic doesnt have not and i dont think qld does either

In Qld you can but a set of plates then they are yours forever..(as far as i know) and you dont even need a car.

i bought a set for my XB falcon years ago... the car has since moved on but i still have the plates and no-one else can register with that number combination... B)

Sqyre.. ;)

In Qld you can but a set of plates then they are yours forever..(as far as i know) and you dont even need a car.

i bought a set for my XB falcon years ago... the car has since moved on but i still have the plates and no-one else can register with that number combination... B)

Sqyre.. ;)

I wanted to keep the NSW plates from my car when I transferred my rego and they asked for them in exchange before I got some shite maroon ones - "The Bloody Smart State" with no daylight savings!

So I told the Lass I had posted them in from the mechanics place the day before. What could she do?

They hang proudly in my shed. :D (a little tarnished after the State of Origin last night) :(

I wanted to keep the NSW plates from my car when I transferred my rego and they asked for them in exchange before I got some shite maroon ones - "The Bloody Smart State" with no daylight savings!

So I told the Lass I had posted them in from the mechanics place the day before. What could she do?

They hang proudly in my shed. :D (a little tarnished after the State of Origin last night) :(

I was a little tarnished after the State of Origin last night, luckly I had an excuse not to go to work today :) Think I'll get a Pale Ale to help with the recovery - go the toads.

do you reccon the cops would hastle you with plates that say

PISSED
or
SMASHD

I remember trying to get UBY00T plates for me ute but they were gone. I was sad about that.

more:

BITTER
PORTER
POR001 :)
ahhhh i could go on for ages.

cheers

I saw BREWER driving around - i think it was a regional brewery, can't remember which one.

I know this bloke (NSW plates anyway), he used to/still does own a homebrew shop. Is some kinda builder, did some work on a property my mum owns in Howes Valley.

Dont have brewing plates......But .....GTR 073......Is on my Ford.....
Going on my '37 Ford one day....
If only i still had the XU1.....
cheers
PJ

Pity that they are so expensive up here - I could imagine Ross with 'IBU 400'.

Dont have brewing plates......But .....GTR 073......Is on my Ford.....
Going on my '37 Ford one day....
If only i still had the XU1.....
cheers
PJ

You have a 37 ford?

old man has one as well :p

hot rod i am assuming?

also has a 35 coupe, but thats still a project car atm. cant afford to do much with it yet.

IBRW4ME

BEER4ME

4MENTER

US 05 subtle but those in the know will get it.

Not brew related... but i have GMH-05L in storage at the RTA. Had it on the old commodore v8 that I sold about 5 months ago.

Back