Brewdog Clones

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corndog said:
Beersmith 2 tip (I just found out the other day): if you have it set to metric units but want to enter imperial amounts, you can type the unit after the number in any field and it'll auto convert for you. (i.e. if you're entering hops in grams, type 2oz in the box and it'll automatically turn that into grams for you).

Works with pretty much every nemerical entry box in beersmith (eg temperature from F to C, volume from gal to L etc).
Thanks mate! Great first post haha.

Hear hear! Corndog that post was so shit hot I quoted it in the Beersmith 2 thread. Hope you don't mind. That's one that will make a lot of folks lives easier.

toncils said:
No Nuclear Penguin?
Wait for it....."That was a TACTICAL recipe ommision by Brewdog"!

Oh Christmas....that was a good one !

Nurse ! I've just cut myself on my razor-sharp wit.

Danwood said:
Wait for it....."That was a TACTICAL recipe ommision by Brewdog"!

Oh Christmas....that was a good one !

Nurse ! I've just cut myself on my razor-sharp wit.

Danwoods Razor Sharp Whitbier:

2.4 kg Wheat malt
0.5 kg Genius malt

Acasta said:
Thanks mate! Great first post haha.
Been lurking around here for nearly 4 years, but never felt the need to contribute until now :)

Mardoo said:
Hear hear! Corndog that post was so shit hot I quoted it in the Beersmith 2 thread. Hope you don't mind. That's one that will make a lot of folks lives easier.
No problem - spread the word, it's an awesome feature that I wish I knew about ages ago!

Awesome recipes, I'll be trying to produce extract clones of the 5am Saint and Punk IPA just as soon as my lady releases my brew fridge back to me after Xmas :beerbang: .

Hey guys,
Just wanted to get some tips for the recipe for the Punk Ipa.
Im a biaber and no-chill brewer.
Recipe from link adapted to reach recipe targets.
6kg Marris otter
Chinook 15.5g @ 60mins
Athanum 30.9g @ 15 mins
Nelson Sauvin 15.5g @ 15 mins
Simcoe 15.5g @ 10mins
Chinook 14.2g @ flameout
Nelson Sauvin 14.2g @ flameout
Simcoe 14.2g @ flameout.
Going to mash at 67 degrees.
Was thinking of dropping my 60 mins addition to 40. My 15 and 10 min additions to flameout and my flameout additions to the whirlpool.
Not to sure what amount ill dry hope with but was thinking maybe 1g/l of each.
Will use S04 as the yeast as I havent ventured into the liquid yeast realm yet.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers guys

I would really try to get the a different yeast, what better time to try!

And I would be aiming for around 5g/l total dry hop. A lot of breweries dryhop twice, removing the hops after three days before hop-ing again. BrewDog would be doing this.

Thanks O'Henry. Im going to no chill this batch and store it for when I get back from holidays so ill try a liquid yeast. The website says to use an english wyeast yeast so ill give that a crack.
Thanks again for the advice

Latest posts

Back