Brewcraft Kegging Systems

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Moonshine

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Recently got the cash together to maybe invest in a kegging system, not a particuarly fancy one, just looking at a fairly basic set up with 1-2 kegs, gas bottle and a gun (with lines and all that, of course).
Normally I wouldn't question going to craftbrewer or grain and grape for a setup like this, seeing as brewcraft seem pretty overpriced generally, but they've got a keg sale going on with the reconditioned soda kegs going for about $75.
I was eyeing a two keg system with a beer gun in there the other week, around $300-$350 not including gas bottle (Gas bottles are about $260).
Has anybody had any problems with the brewcraft keg setups? I'm thinking with this sale on I can save a bit of money on postage and all that (Which is pretty crippling normally to my -very- limited budget), and still get a fairly decent system, but I'm not too sure.

????

Cheers,

Mr.Moonshine

soda kegs are pretty standard so as long as they have seals replaced and hold pressure with no probs you are good to go

If the beer gun you ar looking at is the same pluto gun that our sponsors sell then no issues there either, you could save a few bucks here though and use a bronco tap, lots cheaper and just as good.

edit where abouts are you?

last lot of kegg bits I needed I got from Beerbelly when I dropped in to pick up some grain ;)

you've answered your own question. brewcraft are over priced. if you looke at keg setups threads or search youll see where the majority of people buy their stuff.

if you looked at G&G or craftbrewer or even ebay sellers you'll see that their kegs are $65 or less. why would you go to brewcraft?

eg
craftbrewer. 2 kegs + a chrone pluto beer gun = $215. thats a lot cheaper than brewcraft.

skip the beer gun and go a bronco tap and line. $15. laughing.

Howdy Moonshine,

Whats you location?

I picked up a system off ebay (1 x keg, 1 x pluto gun, lines, disconnects and a micromatic regulator) and it was a fair bit less than your 300-350 range.

Kegs can be gotten for around $65 to $70, so $75 for BC kegs isn't setting the world on fire.

Cheers SJ

Howdy Moonshine,

Whats you location?

I picked up a system off ebay (1 x keg, 1 x pluto gun, lines, disconnects and a micromatic regulator) and it was a fair bit less than your 300-350 range.

Kegs can be gotten for around $65 to $70, so $75 for BC kegs isn't setting the world on fire.

Cheers SJ

SE melbourne, so getting out to G&G and places like that is a bit of a pain.
I'd pick the items one by one on my own accord, but I'm not really knowledgable enough to put the system together myself... don't want to bugger up expensive equipement or buy something I don't need.
The deal looked attractive 'cause it seems to be a complete basic set up with all the lines, disconnects/connects and the gun itself.

but I'm not really knowledgable enough to put the system together myself... don't want to bugger up expensive equipement or buy something I don't need.

Put up a list of what you think you need here, we shall then be able to confirm if its ok or not.

I am sure for a few beers, a fellow AHB'er will be happy to drop around and give you a few pointers if need be.

Also do a search on here for "kegging system setup" / "advice" and similar titles to find some great threads on basic setups for kegging.

glad you found some assistance locally Mr.Moonshine

Supra Jim will get you sorted

SE melbourne, so getting out to G&G and places like that is a bit of a pain.
I'd pick the items one by one on my own accord, but I'm not really knowledgable enough to put the system together myself... don't want to bugger up expensive equipement or buy something I don't need.
The deal looked attractive 'cause it seems to be a complete basic set up with all the lines, disconnects/connects and the gun itself.

If you don't want to treck to Grain and Grape try this dood on ebay, he's cheaper than Brewcraft and is based in Mt Waverley - I've picked up stuff from him in the past. - Has more stuff than he seems to put on ebay too if you're after something specific. Even "RARE" coloured kegs :lol:
Linky

LOL, I just PM'd Moonshine that guys number.

Cheers SJ

I've seen over here in WA that some mainstream Homebrew retailers has sold their setups with insufficent beer line to balance their systems properly so it's worth checking what sort of length you get (from whoever you buy from) if you are purchasing a premade system.
This Wiki gives some insight into why you need beer line length beyond what is potentially needed to reach the glass.
Cheers
Doug

Back